• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How often do you pet dogs and cats in public

Do you pet other people's cats and dogs in public

• Yos

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Nos

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This is one of life's great pleasures for me. I don't have my own dogs and cats so I have to get my fix by petting other people's. I will always stop to pet cats if I encounter any on my travels and if I see a cute doggo especially a :pug: standing around I find it hard to resist going up and asking the owner if I can pet. It makes my day when I get to meet a :pug:.

So I was just wondering how often my fellow forum dwellers pet dogs and cats in public that aren't your own. Do you go out of your way to do it or just if there is one right in front of you?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Never, and I hate when bothersome pests do it to me and insist on groping my dogs like the sick pervs they are. My dog doesn't like you!

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
The sight alone is enough to make me smile :) but I rarely ask for permission, for fear that I might pressure them into letting me even if they don't want to.

I don't encounter too many cats in public tho. Is that common in other parts of the world?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The sight alone is enough to make me smile :) but I rarely ask for permission, for fear that I might pressure them into letting me even if they don't want to.

I don't encounter too many cats in public tho. Is that common in other parts of the world?
There are loads of cats here in England. Especially around housing areas.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Almost never.

I absolutely adore dogs, and do have to suppress a desire to kidnap any dog I see, but I don't want to be rude to someone. Especially at school, where I usually see people walking their dog, and I know the owners probably walk about five feet before they are bombarded by people wanting to pet the dog.

If someone's dog comes up to me and starts jumping or something, I'll only say "Hello" and like give it a few scratches on its head.

Ninja

Well well well
I'm with Doc.

I ****ing LOVE dogs, however I have an extreme amount of self awareness and want to protect the dog and the owners responsibilities as much as possible. If a dog approaches me and is friendly, I'll ask for permission and then pet them. Every dog reacts differently and I usually let the dog initiate the contact. That being said, once I get permission, the dog will get endless scratches and belly rubs.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm a veterinary nurse so I try and befriend everything!!!!! I will always ask the owner first though..... Just in case.

Reactions: Dio

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
No. I figure how would I like it if random jerks start coming up to me and touching my head and rubbing my back while I'm out for a stroll. Some animals, especially dogs are WAAAAAAY too touchy feely and I don't need the little buggars sniffing my crotch and licking my hands or jumping up and pawing at my chest and humping my legs uninvited either.

Most animals like to introduce themselves first, preferably by sniffing - the hand not my groin thank you very much! Which is cool. I like that. I just hold out my hand, let em have a sniff and maybe give em a little pat on the head to say hello. Don't need to make love to em. Sometimes they don't want to be touched. You can tell when an animal doesn't want to be touched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom