• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Move?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I am somebody who has never lived in one house longer than three or four years. My family used to switch houses a lot, and so far for my three years of university, I've lived in a different place every year as well.

So, my question to you beautiful people of the forum, is: How often do you move? Are you someone who moves a lot? Maybe you haven't moved at all, or have only moved once or twice? Is there a reason? Discuss~

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I've never moved. Lived in the same house in the same city all my life. Eventually when I can afford it I'll move into an apartment.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I haven't moved much to prove it I'll document every house I've been in since I can remember all. I lived in Mesa, Arizona for a little bit after I was born and then my family moved to Ohio. I lived in Bellefontaine, Ohio until I was about 3 or 4. Then I lived in Marrysville, Ohio until I was 8. I then moved to Chandler, Arizona until I was 10 then moved to Gilbert until I was 11 and moved to another house in Gilbert until this year. I now currently live in Tempe, Arizona. So to count that all up I moved 6 times and am about to move again.

Ninja

Well well well
When I was younger we definitely moved a lot. However right now the last two places we've settled down for more than a few years.
  1. Orlando Florida
  2. Casselberry Florida
  3. New Smyrna Florida
  4. Maitland Florida
  5. Las Vegas Nevada (2010. Moved in with brother)
  6. Las Vegas Nevada (2012. Moved into own apartment)
  7. Las Vegas Nevada (2015. Bought first home)
  8. ZD-i (arrested for too much gaming and meme)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I moved once (Technically twice) when I was a baby.

I was born in California, but my Dad got relocated so we had to move to Washington, where we rented an apartment while we were finding a house. We found one after a month or so and I have lived in this house ever since.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I moved around a fair amount when I was younger, mostly because my parents were renting and my dad got laid off a lot while working his way through school. I probably moved five times by the time I was in Kindergarten. However, that year, we moved into the small town where I lived out the rest of my childhood years. When I was in second grade, we moved to another house in the same city, and that's where they remained up through my graduation from high school. They finally moved to a newer house - once again in the same city - in September.
I suspect that I'll be similar. I've already moved twice since then, both in my college town, and I'll probably jump around a lot for a few years after I graduate as I go where the work requires me. Once I settle into a nice area with a good job though, I intend to stay there for the most part.

Ninja

Well well well
I wonder how many people came here assuming the OP was talking about physically, as in from their computer.

But not much to fairly often now. I only moved like three times growing up then after school it was every other year or so.

Judging by how slow sloths move, I almost thought that. :P

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I’ve lived in the same house for as long as I can remember. When I was a baby my parents (and me obviously) moved twice but I don’t remember that at all. I’ll be moving to Yokohama, Japan early next year so that’s gonna be my first real move (and a pretty big one at that). I’ll be there for more than one year before coming home again to finish my degree.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I've moved around quite a bit since my family is military. Since I was born, I have moved eight(?) times. The first few I have few if any memories of so it's hard to remember.

Of the places I do remember, I grew up in Hawaii mostly, spending eight years there. That was super uncommon for military, because we were only supposed to be stationed there for two. Then after that I only lived in a house for one or two years before moving again. I live on campus at school and I wouldn't consider that a move, so its been three years since my last move.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Not nearly as much as I would like :dry:

I really really hate my neighbors... :fpalm:

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I've moved every 2-3 years throughout my life, as my dad was in the military. Here are some of the places I've lived:

1. Hawaii
2. Florida
3. Germany
4. Louisiana
5. New Mexico
6. Pennsylvania
7. Virginia

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm 33 now, so of course I have moved a few times, but not too many times. Lived in my childhood home until I was 16, and then moved away from home to go to high school in a different town (well, two different towns), so I spent one year in one studio, and two years in another, then I moved back home for a year to just work and save up money before moving to the city I live in now. I've been living here for 13 years, the first three in apartment, the next five in another, then I bought my own apartment and have been living here for about five and a half.

So six different places in total.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom