• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Cut Your Hair?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I was a little curious since I have to look for a new haircut place now that my old hair stylist retired. How often do you guys get a haircut? I usually wait like 3-4 months between cuts, typically. I usually cut it a little bit shorter than I like it so it has time to grow into the sweet spot where I like the length and I find I can enjoy the sweet spot longer that way. How about you guys?

well i still havent cut my hair since lockdown in 2020 so

but like when my hair was shorter, i had to get it cut way more often because when it gets longer, it just gets in the way. i did maybe once a year for a few years after i donated my hair and kept it maybe a little above my collar for awhile.

but yeah then lockdown happened and its back to about my navel, and i've mentioned this before, but my hair was only annoying when it was like getting long enough to be in my face but too short to be tied back. now i can just tie it back and forget about it. but i've been thinking for awhile that even if i stick with this length, i probably should get it trimmed cuz the ends are getting uneven and stuff.

but i really dont spend much time on my hair so its not really on my mind to go and get it cut regularly.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Not enough, it gets kinda long sometimes, like an inch or two off my head then I go after it, I should really maintain it at a shorter length

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I keep my hair about medium length. Get it cut about once every 5-6 weeks, give or take, just to keep it from hanging into my eyes too much. Gives me enough leeway that I can style it with product reasonably well for most of the time between cuts without much issue.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't really have a set time. I haven't gotten mine cut in 2 or 3 years now. My sister cut my bangs at the very beginning of the pandemic, and may have trimmed my hair then too (can't remember), but before then it probably would have been at least like 6 months since I had gotten it cut. I just usually get it cut whenever I feel like it.

At the moment it's really long, over halfway down my back. I really like it this length because it looks nice and I can do stuff with it if I want. But it's also very annoying. It gets insanely hot, it's heavy, it gives me headaches sometimes, and it takes longer to wash/dry. I debated for a long time if I wanted to get it cut. I think I've finally decided that I'm going to, but I'm going to get it done at a nicer salon (I usually go to a place that is like $5 for a haircut lmao), so that I won't feel as bad about cutting it.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I probably get it cut around three times a year. I probably ought to get it done more often but tend to just procrastinate on making an appointment. That being said I do have an appointment to get mine cut tomorrow.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Depends what kind of look I was going for really. Sometimes I would get it as often as every 3-4 weeks though I haven't had it done for a few months now at least as I am growing it out.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
when i remember and mums got time AP, PP was when i could get mum to cut the hair....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom