• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Often Do You Complain?

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
So, last night I was waiting for the bus, and while I was waiting, I was checking some things on my phone, but was standing in front of the bus stop. Then comes the bus, zooming past me, and I don't have time to look up, let alone signal anything to the driver until it's at my side, moving away from me. This peeved me for two specific reasons:

1) I was standing as close to the road I actually could be without actually standing in it, and there was no doubt about it that I was actually waiting for a bus to arrive
2) That late at night there are very few buses passing in general, so it wasn't like there was a gazillion options of different buses that I could be waiting for

Now, I'm not a person who go to the length of lodging complaints all that often. I think human mistakes for the most part should be excused and not be made a big deal out of (unless it's something that happens frequently or it's clearly intentional). But this was one of the times I chose to make a complaint, because the driver made the choice of ignoring me, because he or she would rather not risk delaying the bus for a couple of seconds (half a minute tops) to ensure they weren't leaving someone behind to wait however long it would take for the next bus to show up. If I had come running and the driver hadn't seen me, then fair enough. If I had been sitting inside the shed and made no move to get up, then that would have been on me (I once was passed by a bus, because I was checking the bus schedule in the shed and didn't turn in time to see that my bus was actually arriving - which was annoying, since the only schedule in that particular bus shed was for that bus, but that was more excusable). But when I'm standing by the edge of the stop, my body faced in the direction the bus will be arriving from, then a driver shouldn't just assume they are not the bus I'm waiting for, especially that late at night...

So, with my rant over, have you ever lodged a complaint? What would you say is your threshold for it, when do you take a stand and when do you just let it go?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I always complain, however I do not submit complaints very often. That is to say, I don't tend to talk to any official person in order to get my troubles sorted out; I just grumble a lot.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I always complain, however I do not submit complaints very often. That is to say, I don't tend to talk to any official person in order to get my troubles sorted out; I just grumble a lot.

I was more talking about the official kind of complaints. I think most of us do the non-official type ;)

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I don't think I've ever done the official kind of complaining. Well, I did once, but I was forced to. We had to write an essay to the principal about something we wanted changed about our school. I just wrote about how advisory was a waste of time because that was the easiest thing to write about since everyone hated advisory. They did take out advisory this year though. Maybe we actually convinced them that it was a waste of time, but now people are complaining about the hour long lunch. There's just no winning.

I used to do the "unofficial type of complaining" all the time though. Remember my Amber phase?... Yea I try not to complain about stupid stuff now.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I complain a lot... I don't realize it, but I do. In fact, one may say that I complain too much. Though it's usually about little things.

I actually complain to myself a lot too. I don't really know how to explain it, but it annoys the hell out of me!

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I complain when I need to, but I usually do it when I'm in a bad mood. It all comes out wrong and it can get a little out of control. Some complains I have don't seems to bother, so I don't complain about it. I don't like to complain, but I do when I need to.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I was more talking about the official kind of complaints. I think most of us do the non-official type ;)

Even so, I rarely submit complaints to any head. The last time I did this was four months ago when I was visting my workplace with my friend. I put in a complaint to get the supervisors in trouble - it's a naughty thing to do, but those guys REALLY need(ed) a shift of workload.

Omg don't get me started on me complaining. I'm like the queen of complaining in my area. I pick and nick on every single thing if it bothers me, isn't right or if I just don't like it. I could, actually, go on for almost an hour complaining about one simple thing until I have it my way or if its gone.

This is why I barely have any friends

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Rarely. I realized thing are much easier if I just don't complain. I get annoyed, but I don't just whine about what I'm supposed to or asked to do.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I've formally complained only a handful of times in my life. I've come to notice that things don't really change, or, when they do, the change is short lived. Now, if I have an issue with something, I take it on myself to get it revised, and, if that's not possible, let it be and try not to get frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom