• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Would You Pay for a Videogame?

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Btw, that game sucks, it has super mario an tetris an one other game (i dont remember) and it can be played for 6min 21sec.

The other game is Rad Racer.

Anyways, as I am quite the collector Ill spend really any amount of money. Depending on the game though, and if I don't like the game but it has a high value Ill buy it and sell it for a profit.

Lots of people say new games are expensive, when really back in the day games cost more most of the time. Ive spent quite a good bit of money for some games and or systems (my NES Toploader, Earthbound, all 6 original Pokemon games complete with box and manual, most of my complete LoZ games like Loz, AoL, Alttp, OoT etc.)

I also get some stuff for quite cheap. Lol Ive even gotten a mint SNES for $1. Most games for my 360 or Wii Ill see if I can find any used (for example I was gonna get CoD4 for 360 for $50 new, and a pawn shop had one resurfaced so like new, for 25)

My biggest waste of money on a game that I shouldnt have gotten was CoD: WaW on Wii. Its really bad compared to the 360/PS3 versions, and I only bought it because friends from school wanted me to play with them (they eventually quit playing within a few weeks lol)

I try to find my games for as cheap as I can find so I don't get ripped off, because as a collector or really a person in general I hate being ripped off lol.

Z

zaco317

if i were to go into a shop and buy say a wii game i would be expecting it to be about $90 for a new game like twilight princess. if i were to get a old wii game like big beach sports i would hope it to be $60. For a new D.S game i would be paying nothing over $70. if it were a old D.S game i would pay around $40 or less. then there are games on the D.S like sight training and brain training. For them i would pay $30 to $20.

P.S this is Australian money i am talking about.:D

Y

Yoshi_FTW

Well how much I would pay depends on the game of course. I think the max I would pay for a game wouldn't be more than $200. I bought Guitar Hero and everything with it for around $180. I don't think I would go any higher than that.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I'm not a big fan of buying video games, I usually rent or borrow them and then buy them only if I feel like they have replay value.

The most I've payed for a video game was $50 for SSBB, but it was worth it, I love that game. I'm dumbfounded at how expensive video games have gotten over the years, especially the majority of PS3 games. They've hit and broke $60 for a single game. That's just rediculous.

$50 is my cap, and that's only in special cases. The only console I own is the Wii though, as I'm mainly a PC gamer. I've found that PC games are significantly cheaper than console games, mostly because of Steam though.

D

Deleted member 121

I hate spending money, so unless I "need" to get the game *coughchronotriggercough*

I will wait until it drops in price. Unfortunately, this usually takes like... 2 years at least, it seems.

I saw no need to buy Chrono Trigger DS as I already have it for SNES and PS1 and the SNES rom on my computer so I didn't see any need to buy yet another port of my favorite RPG of all time. I might eventually buy it used if its cheap and I have some extra money. But, yeah I've certainly bought a few games the day or the week they were released too, GTAIV is an example.

I'll also occasionally pay more just to get the special editions of certain games, for instance I bought the Halo 3 Legendary edition because I had[/i to have that helmet which is currently on display in my room I was going to Preorder the Amazon edition of Fallout 3 but I never had enough money. I also sold my original GTAIV to a friend for $40 and bought the special edition for the Saftey deposit box, which I use for things meant for certain eyes only. I don't buy special editions that often though. Only if I think its worth the extra cash and most of them aren't.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
I remember paying 160 Gulden for Donkey Kong 64 (72 Euros). I'm glad I don't have to spend that kind of money on games anymore. Retail price for games is 50 Euros now. It was 60 for a while, but luckily most shops lowered it to 50. Which is still a pretty large amount of money, well, for me at least. I simply can't afford to buy more than a game or two per month. If I buy more I wouldn't be able to pay my bills. That's why I prefer to buy my games used, or at a lowered price. The last game I paid full price for was Tales of Vesperia, and that game was 45 Euros.

Some games I even regret buying. I bought GTA IV thinking it was a great game, which I'm sure it is. But for some reason it just doesn't appeal to me. I think things would've been different if I didn't buy it at full price.

$50. That is my absolute limit for any game I buy ever. Unless it's one that I lost that I loved a lot and can't live without playing it this second, no, I will never go over 50 bucks for a simple game.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
RIGHT! @ Akiranon. I bought the first Mario Party for 160 Gulden... Or it was 140. o_O whatever it's a large amount. And i like they are in shops for 50 euro now. I payed 60 euro on a lot of games. I bought WW for 80 euro o_O Most expensive game on the cube. xD

But i spend 60 euro on games maximum. PS3 games have also really sick prizes, that for a bad console with 90% stupid games. ._.

Len

Zelda On Paper
max for it i would pay like 300.00 $ "i am not joking, i work hard to save that ammount of money in about 1 month (mrs.blair pays very well...for a cut in the grass!)"" (if its a cool game, or a game with high reputation, or just a game i really whant)

Last edited:

serotonin_wraith

The Most Banned Member
I usually get them 2nd hand, and very occasionally brand new if I really want it there and then. I've wanted Conker's Bad Fur Day for ages, but the prices are terrible. Everywhere I look, it's at least £60 ($100?). It looks like I'll have to fork it out to get hold of an original copy, but I'm not happy about that.

W

Wolf Link Rules

I would pay about 20.00-50.00$ for a game.But I'm not sure how much euros are in the U.S but 70 EUROS THATS A LOT!

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
I use a modchip for my wii so I get my games for free instead of paying 70-100 AUS dollars a game! >.>

But for my ds my limit is 50-60 AUS Dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom