• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U How Much Would You Be Willing to Pay?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
How much would you be willing to pay for Wind Waker HD? Do you just flat out refuse to buy it? And why?

For me, my max price is $40. I paid that for OoT 3DS, but here's the thing

1) The graphical change was much larger for OoT 3DS

2) They offered Master Quest and even made it harder

3) OoT is a higher critically acclaimed game.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
$40 doesn't sound bad, but all we've heard about WW HD is its release date. We don't know if there will be any additional material like they included in OoT 3D, so we can't really compare that yet.

Deep down my pampered self would've preferred an HD collection with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, The wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. The Wind Waker is an adventure worth reliving though and I'm willing to pay the full $60 retail price tag for this upgraded version.

The changes in OoT 3D were appreciated but the Game Pad and Miiverse alone to experience TWW through a more social lens away from the TV are appreciated.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well am not sure the equivalent in Dollars but....

I would be prepared to pay upto around £50, this is the standard for a new Wii U game and it is rather pricey :/ however it seems like TWW HD is the only worthwhile game on the Wii U now! I would definitely not miss out on such an awesome remake for a slight rise in price :P

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I'd only be willing to pay between $40 and $50. I would never pay full retail price for a game that's just a remake.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, first of all I would have to be willing to buy a WiiU in the first place, and right now there is no draw for me, no title making it worthy. OoT3D was a bit different because it was the chance to play my favorite Zelda game on a handheld, thereby being able to take it with me anywhere I wanted to go, and yes, the upgrade of graphics, gameplay, etc. featured in, it was that particular thing that really made me willing to shell out that amount for it. I could still play OoT on both my remaining Nintendo consoles without a problem, but the handheld aspect just was that more appealing to me. Also I didn't already own any handheld device, so I wasn't replacing anything.

But the thing is, I already have a Wii, I have the Wii that is still backwards compatible, allowing me to play GameCube titles like WW on it. The WiiU does not offer that, which makes me reluctant to upgrading, not without there being a significant game title drawing me to the system. Do I want WWHD? Of course I do, I adore the graphics upgrade, but better graphics is just not enough for me to want to replace the system I already have when it means losing things my current system is offering today. How much will I be willing for the game itself? Not sure, to be honest. But first I would need to actually be willing to buy the system it's on, and right now, I'm not.

Deeds

no text
I'd be prepared to pay up to £50 as well, which would convert to around $65 (I think). I doubt Nintendo would price it much higher than £50 though, we'll just have to wait and see.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would be prepared to pay upto around £50, this is the standard for a new Wii U game and it is rather pricey :/

I've noticed a lot of shops pricing Wii U games at between £42 and £55. I buy online though and most online retailers aren't really going over around £38 for most games.

As for how much I'd pay for The Wind Waker HD, I'd gladly pay full retail price, which is around £35-£40. The Wind Waker is one of the best Zelda games and is packed with quests and things to find. It's a lengthy adventure and making such a huge leap in visuals will keep the experience fresh for those who've already played it. I think Nintendo would be fully justified in charging full retail price for this and I, for one, would be happy to pay it.

I don't have Wind Waker, but I'd pay the standard for Wii U games, which is $60, at least where I live.

Money shouldn't be a concern for me, but for Wind Waker HD I will not pay more then £50 unlike CoD and Mass Effect 3. They are ridiculous prices for a game. I'm willing to pay a maximum on £45, no more.

MW7

I think I'd set my upper limit at about $65, but I won't be buying a Wii U until there's a game released that I must have. So in another sense $0 since I won't be buying it anywhere near its release and will probably get it used down the line if I get it at all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The most I'd be willing to pay for TWWHD is $30USD. It honestly isn't worth anything higher than $30, considering TWW has been Player's Choice for oh so many years (which means all copies sell at $20USD). I doubt TWWHD will give us any extra content, whereas OoT3D gave us MQ3D + Boss Rush and a few extra goodies. Yeah, $30 max.

To be honest the price i'm going to be paying for WWHD doesn't have a cap, i'm willing to buy a console i dont own to play it, thats how dedicated i am to it. So whatever bundle with WiiU i can get just to have one and or WWHD is the price im paying so....

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
$40 or so would be nice seeing as how it's a remake, but I will be getting it on launch day no matter the price. Well you know...unless for some ridiculous reason they decide to make games worth like $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom