• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Will Skyward Sword Cost Where You Live? (Please read post #8 before posting)

We have all heard that it will go for $49 USD regular and $69 USD bundeled in the USA, but in the rest of the world the prices tend to be quite different, especially across Europe.

For instance: I got to know the Norwegian prices today, and as expected; the regular version is going for 499NOK ($92 USD). What's surprising is that the bundle will be sold for the very amount of 899NOK ($167 USD), which is almost the double of the price for regular version. I know Norway is quite bound by taxes, but the price difference between the two versions is just hillarious: It's actually way cheaper to just import the bundle from another country within Europe (including shipping and taxes)!

So, what will the game be sold for where you live?

Last edited:

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
59.99$CAN for the regular edition and 79.99$CAN for the special edition. I will probably buy the regular version since I already have a black Wii-remote plus, though if I can, I will get the special one :D

59.99$CAN for the regular edition and 79.99$CAN for the special edition. I will probably buy the regular version since I already have a black Wii-remote plus, though if I can, I will get the special one :D

dittttoooooooooooo except i only have the wii motion plus add on thing....

$70 since I'm buying the Special Edition.

The thing is, I have 4 Wiimotes already, but that Golden remote is priceless. *_*

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I want to get the bundle, but it's $70 dollars. I need a Wii Remote Plus though, because I don't have one. I'm thinking of just buying the game and Wii Remote Plus separate, but that's how much money? Whatever's cheaper, bundle or game and remote separate.

!!!ATTENTION!!!

I just want to clarify that I did not intend this thread as a "how much will you pay for Skyward Sword" discussion. What I'm asking for is how much both versions will cost in your country, not how much you will personally buy the game for.

And please read the other posts in the topic before posting yourself. You don't have to post what others said just moments before you, and all posts should contribute positively to the discussion (that is; This is not a shoutbox so do not post just single bland statements. You should try to actually make some decent arguments and points, and always keep in mind that the information you post should in most cases be at least a little of interest for other readers. Try to post something other people can respond to, and you may eventually respond to previous posts yourself).

As far as now, the prices for the USA, Canada, Norway and Germany have been mentioned.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
According to our local German Amazon site (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0052C1J3S), the regular edition will cost €47 (which equals $66,67 right now). That's really expensive, but less than I thought it would be (I was thinking of €60 upwards because TP still cost that much at the beginning of the year). No information on the bundle/limited edition though.
Prices here include 19% VAT though, I don't know if that's included in the list prices for UK/US/Canada etc. Without VAT, the price would be €39,50 (or $56,03) which comes a bit closer to the US price, assuming that VAT isn't included in the $49 listing.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!

BestBuy.ca has the special edition listed at $69.99, same as the US price. Given the current state of the dollar, I'm glad they are advertising at par. There's no reason why the Canadian version should be $10 more at this point in time. In other words Canadians... Don't buy it at places offering it for $80 CDN!!

D

DragonT

The Dutch sites are very slow at updating, but this is what I guess: €49,99 ($72,28) for the normal edition and €64,99 ($91,66) for the special edition. You lucky Americans :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
US area so far I know are selling $70 for Gold Edition (Wiimote + Music disc + game), I'm not 100 percent sure if the $49.99 price tag for regular is set in stone.

Poor, poor Norway. 92 bucks a game is a lot of money, and if it was over 100$ for the bundle, I don't think I would be planning on buying it. Luckily I live in the US, and I think its about 50 bucks for the game just by itself, and for the bundle its about 70$ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom