• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much TV Do You Watch Now?

Dan

Buffering is for the most part an entity of the past. Nowadays a good margin of people can stream movie content on the internet, even LoZ has caught up to a degree.
With the following said, how much actual TV do you watch now, compared to what you may of watched in the past, has the ability of the modern internet enabled change to where you choose to watch content?
By TV I mean content that's delivered by cable companies etc, for example watching BBC one is watching TV, watching that same content on iPlayer is watching it on the Internet.

I'm also personally interested in the following.

• What content do you watch on the internet?
  • Did you watch much TV back in ye old days?

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I have not watched television since the beginning on January 2013. I relocated to my current apartment that only has cabled wired up to be played in the living room. Since I avoid that place and seclude myself in my room as much as possible, the TV is out of my control. Before the the move, I always has the TV on either Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nick, or, for a brief time, Disney XD, though I rarely looked at it. I just needed sound to focus on whatever I was doing.

The only kind of shows I watch are anime and the occasional historical documentary. Even then, I don't usually watch more than three anime episodes in a day and finding a decent documentary on an interesting subject is pretty difficult. All together, I might spend no more than an hour-and-a-half streaming videos.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, my situation is a bit special in terms that I live in a country where the airing schedule is seriously behind on the shows I like, and since I'm so actively part of fandom online, I kind of end up watching most of my things that way in order to keep to the same schedule as most other fans. In general I notice that my Tv-habits are definitely changing. With streaming services I can now decide not only what I watch, but also when I watch it, which is a liberating thing. Also, there's less adverticing online, I don't get my programs broken up into several pieces like whenever I watch something on the TV...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
'When I were a kid and teen I used to watch it a huge lot but now I don't. My sister is the one who turns on my tv very often but me myself hardly watch. I do watch a lot on the internet mainly because it is faster to catch up with a show. You don't have to wait for a week to see the next episode when you get into a show later. And you can watch everything back

Clank

Hmm
Wait, so "television" isn't just a special name for a monitor with built in speakers and remote control?

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I don't watch as much tv as I use to, but that's not because of the internet, but rather because I seem to have less time to do so. When I do have time, I generally still watch it on an actual tv instead of online.

None really, unless it's football season or I'm watching a movie. If my tv is on usually there is some sort of game console on along with it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
I barely watch any TV anymore, unless you count Netflix.

I used to watch quite a bit, though. Got really into Law & Order one year too and would watch the shows religiously.

Barely. Only time I turn it on will be leaving it on the Hub or Boomerang (the only channels that are worth watching anymore to me), but that's it. I just find TV worthless anymore.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I haven't watched that much tv since probably 3-4 years ago. Reason being is that that was around the time when my family got rid of our satellite television in order to save some money. Since then I've kind of adapted to live without much tv. I have an antenna I use to watch shows every now and then and to have the local news channel accessible when bad weather is getting ready to roll in, but even though I have it, I still barely watch it.

I used to watch tv a lot when I was younger, so naturally I remember being upset initially when I could no longer watch tv like I could before our subscriptions were cancelled, but at the same time I'm rather glad, because it has taught me that even though something is nice to have, I can live without it (course internet is another thing entirely... lol ).

As far as internet streaming videos though, I'd say the same thing about the antenna I have. Even though I have access to it, I rarely use it unless I there's something I really want to watch online. The only videos that I tend to watch online usually are Youtube videos.

D

Deleted member 14134

I dislike watching tv or movies in general. I'll see a movie once and usually never watch it again, at least not for a few years. I might throw something on the tv in the background for noise but other than that I don't spend much time in front of a television. Except for hockey, I'm a red wings fan and I watch whenever they're on TV.

I've bounced about (moved) so much in my lifetime, and not everywhere that I've lived had cable or whatever. As such, there were times when I went ages without watching any television whatsoever. The only time I'd watch TV was when I just so happened to be sitting in an environment in which someone else was watching, and even then, I usually didn't pay very much attention to what was on. For example, I can pick up on a few SpongeBob references online from having babysat my nephews who'd watch the show all the time. The off and on instances of my legitimately watching TV in the past consisted of crime dramas and MSNBC (lol).

I spend the majority of my viewing time watching anime online (*although an unfortunate set of circumstances has changed this). I don't have a strong PC or a dedicated hard drive on which to save loads of episodes and such, so I watch it via streaming sites like Crunchyroll or whatever. So yeah, whenever I'm not being distracted by ZD, I waste a lot of my life watching anime online.

I've recently gotten back into consistently watching TV again, though. Ever since my brother passed on, I've started doing stuff that normally weren't a part of my daily routine before his passing. I guess TV is a substitute of some kind, a means of coping, or just another escape. I'd say my TV watching habits have superseded my online streaming (anime) habits by a long shot. So for now, lots of TV.

*I'm starting to wonder if my anime watching habits will ever return to normal and if I'll ever be able to pull away from the grasp of the idiot box.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I watch a lot more TV now, mostly crime scene shows like CSI and NCIS. I watch these so I can kill Dan and nobody will know OuO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom