• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How much of the trailers, previews, reviews will you look at? Or will that spoil the game?

I'll probably look at most of what I come across that's official announcements and previews, but I'm not gonna obsessively check for updates. I mean I doubt I'll miss any big announcements since I'm on a Zelda fansite, but beyond that I don't really feel super obligated to be in the loop. Particularly when it comes to fan coverage and reviews, I'm just too lazy to want to bother. It's not information that is necessary for me to consume; it's just people trying to make the most of the limited info we have and stretch it out until release.

But no, I don't think I'm super worried about getting spoiled, since what I'm expecting to get out of Tears of the Kingdom is the experience of getting to play it and absorb its world--you know, the unique thrill of a first playthrough and the freshness of the game on your brain--and I don't think that can really be spoiled. I wouldn't say I want spoiled by major details (say what you will about Calamity Ganon, but I loved the shock value of seeing him for the first time in a blind playthrough), but I would be interested in at least a little background. At this point, Nintendo hasn't even really explained the objective or exposition of the game yet, which is kind of weird since BotW gave us at least the background of how Link was ressurected from having failed prior to the events of BotW. I'm not interested in hearing about people's plot predictions except from friend hype circles, but whatever Nintendo chooses to actually reveal before release would be good starting ground.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I will watch most official videos by Nintendo but won't seek out anything else. Like Frax, I wouldn't mind learning just a little more context for the plot's premise at least, which I would expect Nintendo to reveal in a story trailer or something eventually. I don't want to be spoiled by any huge plot points or anything, though.

I don't really have the attention span to watch a playthrough of a game someone else is doing unless they are a friend, but since I'll be playing TotK for myself I won't be seeking out a let's play or someone streaming the game since I will be more focused on playing the game for myself. I won't mind seeing like clips or screenshots of the game from my friends here, and on twitter though.

As for reviews, I won't read any unless it is from a friend whenever they finish the game. I don't need to read a big publication's review of the game before it releases because I will be pre-ordering TotK anyway.

Last edited:

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I'll look at everything I can get my hands on. I don't like going into a game uninformed. While TotK has one cool looking trailer, Nintendo's apprehension with the plot and unwillingness to release details about the game (heck, treating the title as a spoiler) give me a bad feeling.

Last edited:
I'll be avoiding outright story spoilers, but general trailers and non-plot related gameplay trailers are something I definitely look forward to with each new release. Lots of speculation fuel, and if BotW is any indication, even once TotK comes out people will be discovering secrets and easter eggs for years to come.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I won't actively seek them out but I won't actively avoid them. If something comes up, I'll read about it, but I won't be following any game reveiewrs on Twitter or anything. I am planning to get it day 1, so then I'll be on lockdown to avoid stuff, partially to avoid it, partially because I'll just be busy playing it lol

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
You guys excited for tomorrow?
Nope. This was Nintendo's chance to try a blind launch. Brand-awareness is already as high as possible, saturation of BotW is ubiquitous, and hype couldn't be higher. I was really looking forward to the experiment of absent marketing. I won't even be able to do a media blackout for a month and a half so I'm going to have to watch.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I don't think i'll watch, but considering yt is the only other place i visit frequently and usually just for music at that i'll probably be fine. did the same with the last mario movie trailer and i still dont know anything about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom