• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Money Would It Take You to Accept Someone Being Killed at Your Choice?

Given the scenario that you could, with impunity, receive as much money as you wanted, but you'd have to know that this money is being granted to you for the murder of a random and anonymously selected human being, would you? You'd never find out who died at your decision or the nature of the murder--whether slow and painful or quick and painless--a healthy baby or a senior citizen days from natural death, any race, creed, color, or religion.

If someone offered you money for that, which would secure you for life and give you every advantage money has to buy, would you take it? If so, how much is the smallest amount of money you'd accept?

Uhm, I dunno, twenty bucks? It doesn't really matter to me, people are dying pretty much every second anyway and it's not like I'd ever know who I killed, so who gives a ****?

Azure Sage

Spread Smiles!
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think I could take it. I have a very guilty conscience. Just knowing that I was basically responsible for the death of someone I'll never even know the name of would drive me insane. I'd feel too bad to even do anything with the money. I'd probably end up turning myself in. So, doing this wouldn't secure my life at all; it'd ruin it. I'd like to think it isn't something I would do, but if I did do it, I wouldn't end up better off in the long run.

octorok74

TETTAC
Uh, none. I could never accept money at the cost of someone being killed. No amount of money is worth that. The human life is priceless. Each person, something different and extremely important to a multitude of people. Even if you don't know the person, they still are loved by others. And who am I to accept money knowing that someone will die because of it. So no, I wouldn't accept any money.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Never. I would never do that. I absolutely agree with Octo on this one. Would never do that. Unless, it were a really bad person who truly deserved to die and wasn't going to change unless he did die. But even then I wouldnt take the money for it. I'd do it cause its the right thing.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
If someone offered you money for that, which would secure you for life and give you every advantage money has to buy, would you take it?

No way, I am pro life in every aspect and I believe that it's all precious, no matter what. Even if I had a sick mother, or a dying sister or something that the money would help then get cured, I'd never do it. I don't believe in taking lives to help others to an extent. I do believe in self defense, and I'm not against most wars for that reason, but I'm not going to get into that here because it's completelly off topic. So no, I'd never take any money if it meant murder.

Sounds like the premise of that one Cameron Diaz movie (terrible movie, don't watch it).

Anyway, no amount of money could make it okay to kill a random person in my eyes. Money can never equate to a human life.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's a saying: don't accept dirty money. Money earned from prostitution, murder, or basic injustice at whoever's discretion. Honestly, if someone - bar anyone close to me - were to be killed for a hefty sum of money, say $20 million...I'd go through with it. I'd do whatever I would do with the money. But in the end, it's dirty money, earned wrongly. Suicide isn't an option for me then. Jail/prison isn't an option for me then. I'd find out whoever's family was affected by the hitman I got and ask them what they would do with me. Death by their decree? Sure, go through with it. But I wouldn't turn myself in, that's cowardly in my opinion even if the death penalty is meted out because of said turning in.

Joy

The Sexy One
Realistically, the idea of having as much money as I want is very attractive. And seeing as its a random person, and we are 7 billion, statistically, the chances of me knowing the person are very low.

So I think I would do it - but my price would be very high.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
If I were to take the money, I would know that, essentially, I killed someone. I made their death happen by a trade. I did this. It was me. I wouldn't be able to live with that. Just knowing that I caused some random person to die, even though I don't know them, would make me feel like I personally shot the bullet or tied the noose or whatever. I can earn my own living, thanks very much.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Hmmm...hard to say...I mean...on one hand, I'm killing someone. On the other hand, I could ask for enough money to save many starving nations...and yet I am not too confident I know lal the specifics of how money works, so even if I asked for enough to feed the starving countries, I might end up screwing up things further anyway...

...you'd have to know that this money is being granted to you for the murder of a random and anonymously selected human being ... You'd never find out who died at your decision or the nature of the murder...
via IMDB
A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple, who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don't know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom