• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Light Do You Like to Have in the Room when Playing Games?

How much light do you like to have in the room when playing games?

• A lot of light. I fell like I'm outside!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much light. All the light that come through the window without a curtain.

• A good amount of light. I have a curtain but don't cover all the window with it.

• Little light. I leave the curtain covering all the window, but some ligh still pass through it.

• No light. I use a blackout curtain.

• Total voters

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Generally I like for it to be dark, as I find it adds to the overall immersion in a game. Though I usually don't turn out the lights unless I'm playing a dark game and the lights are causing a terrible glare. I tend to leave the lighting the way it is.

However I also play on an old non-backlit GBA sometimes, and in that case I have to either get a good flashlight and set it up to shine directly on the screen at just the right angle, or play underneath one of those environmentally friendly light bulbs. All that in addition to the small light I bought for the GBA. Though even with all this it can be hard for me to see if I'm playing a dark GBA game.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Actually, I don't know. My Xbox 360 and Wii are in my living room, so it's pretty much always kinda light in there. But when I play my PS2, which is in my room, I always turn the light off.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I like as little light as possible. Firstly, as mentioned above, it adds to the immersion into the game. Secondly, no worry about glare or reflection of light off the TV screen.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
As long as I can see the screen without glare then I'm happy. I don't tend to like sitting inside with direct sunlight on me, but if it's entering the room and isn't on myself or the TV then I'm fine. When it's past sundown, then I have on as many lights as I would to normally light the room. Again, no real preference here than what I would have if I were reading or eating a snack.

I don't find there's need to create mood, or to block out the dirtractions of the room while playing. If the game's good enough, it will suck me in and create all the atmosphere I need to block out my surroundings. I don't know if that's part of the question as such, but it's my reasoning for lighting while gaming.

CUCCOMASTER

..and all things will end
i will destroy all light. i'm a nocturnal kind of guy. i hang blankets around to enclose my tv. and sometimes use a fog machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom