• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Land Do You Live On?

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
My family lives on 17 acres, this is our backyard
314804_3559030809911_113321206_n.jpg

Our house really sticks out because of all of the urban land development surrounding us. (I can barely remember a time when the air was plentiful, the stars were bright at night, and there were plenty of trees all around)
anyone else live anywhere with some land?

Attachments

• 314804_3559030809911_113321206_n.jpg
    314804_3559030809911_113321206_n.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I live on 5 square feet of land. More like...100 sq ft, actually, if I can remember the dimensions correctly. I've always dreamed of living in one of those fancy mansion type places.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Oh wow, interesting thread!
I also don't know the exact dimensions of my house, but it's not much. Where I live, people from around here own several acres of land, but the majority of it is used for farming. I've noticed you own quite a lot of land. Is it difficult to maintain?

chrisplushado

All I want is Wii friends
Oh wow, interesting thread!
I also don't know the exact dimensions of my house, but it's not much. Where I live, people from around here own several acres of land, but the majority of it is used for farming. I've noticed you own quite a lot of land. Is it difficult to maintain?
Well we have cows, so my dad installed a fancy sprinkler system that pumps water out of our pond to water the grass, and then he rakes it and bails it for hay in the winter. A task I will probably start to do when my father gets older and I inherit the land. All I do is mow a little fenced area around the house now, sometimes I take bails of hay to the cows in the winter months. So no, it's not too hard to maintain, the only things that are hard to maintain are the cows, which is why my dad plans on selling them all and running a fish farm (we have to do SOMETHING agricultural or we get charged with a hell of a lot more taxes)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I live in an apartment building, so we the owners share the land amongst us, can't say I care how much land I own, lol. The way I see it, the more land, the more work and I'd prefer not to have to tend to a huge lawn or a garden or anything like that.

I live on a 15 acre piece of land with my parents although a good chunk of it is swampy woods so the actual area we use is more like 10 acres. I like having a large area because we are able to have parties and bonfires without it feeling cramped and there is always enough open room to do something outside from catch to ladderball to football. The only complaint I do have is how long it takes to mow everything.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I live on approximately 1 acre of land. My front and backyards are nearly the same size (my backyard is a bit bigger), and my house takes up the least amount of space.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
We own .25 of an acre in our town. It's not much, but I don't want to mow a lawn any bigger :) I grew up on 2 acres and loved it. I miss having a place to roam, but I make the most of my small yard! Our house is 1200 square feet, which is more than twice as big as our apartment, so it feels quite spacious :)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't know how much land I live on. They have not made a ruler long enough for me to measure it with. I'm sure that some paperwork that came with the property will tell me, but I don't even know where that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom