• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Do You Play the Wii?

As the title implies, how much do you play your Wii?

As for me, I don't play it often. As for Nintendo's franchises, I play mostly Mario and Zelda games. I also own Mario Party 8, Wii Sports Resorts and SMBB but I find them more enjoyable when there's someone else playing with you.

As for third party games, I got Resident Evil 4 and I also plan to get the Darkside Chronicles. I also own Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

I mostly play my PS3.

What about you?

Kybyrian

I don't play the Wii very often at all. I enjoy playing it and it has a lot of good games, but a lot of those are ones that I don't stick to after I beat. The only games that I play every once in a while are Mario Kart Wii Online or Wii Sports Resort. When I'm really bored I'll usually go for Wii Sports Resort, it's pretty fun sometimes. Mario Kart Wii is just awesome to play online, especially when you're good at the game.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I play pretty frequently. Maybe 2-4 times per week. I have an issue of not having my own tv so its hard to finish games. :/
So i basically jump on to play whenever its available.

T

TaBoxman122

First of all, hi to everyone this is my first post in this forum ^^

Right now I play wii almost everyday, I'm enjoying my last days of vacations and as soon as I get back to school I don't think I'll be able to play it not even once a week

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I only play it when a new game comes out that I want (not very often). I only really play Mario and Zelda games. Once in a great while I'll replay a game that I've already beaten. I'd say on average I only play it a few hours a month, unless I buy a new game.

Not much. The 3rd party library really fails to meet on many fronts. I find myself only playing a select few 1st or 2nd part games, and then a few spinoffs like Mario Party 8 or Mario Kart Wii. I'm glad that first party Nintendo is getting into action this year; I just might get to play their hardware a bit more. I'm with zack125 in thinking that the PS3 is where the real entertainment is at for me. Not the bouncy colorfulness that is Nintendo, but the more hardcore gritty side of gaming that offers really good games with it. And no, I don't consider Madworld a good game, for the fanboys who want to point out that the Wii is "mature" too.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't play it too often. My 360 occupies most of my time. I got over 40 games on 360 and I haven't played/passed a few of them. As for the Wii I play it occasionally, like if a new Zelda game or Resident Evil game comes out. Or just for fun. I've been playing it recently just playing Brawl unlocking stuff and taking some cool pictures. I also got some games to replay and start on Gamecube, DS, and XBOX.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I play it everyday if I can. Ussually for about 4 hours, but recently I've been getting into free pc indie games. For a good hardcore Wii challenge, play Monster Hunter Tri.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
It is my primary Zelda console, and I play Zelda almost every day, hence I play the Wii almost every day as well. But I've also used it to play Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and a couple of the Wii Sports games. Basically I use it a lot. Though not as much as I could, since I don't have a lot of gamer friends - I'd love to have a reason to play more of the party games.

I've been playing it frequently this year, but that's only because I buy a lot of games off the Wii Shop Channel. The Wii, as mentioned already, has a horrible 3rd party library. I don't think I even own a third party game for it. I'm really only for the first party games, which isn't many. I still have some games to beat, so I will be playing it more often, especially since there's only 13 more days until the school year starts again for me.

Also, with the many first-party games that have already come out, and the ones that are about to, I will definitely be playing the Wii a lot this year. Other M comes out this month. I must get it.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
I actually play my Wii a fair bit, usually playing SSBB against the computer in quick half-hour bursts before I play on my Xbox 360 for longer periods of time. If I find a game on Virtual Console I want to play, though, I'll play my Wii a lot more than my Xbox 360.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I have a Wii and recently got a PS3. Honestly, I may be alone on this but I'm WAY more pleased with the Wii's library of games than the PS3 or Xbox 360. I don't see what's wrong with having many GREAT first party titles even if it lacks in the third party section. Honestly, no, I don't have ANY third party games that I've played for more than an hour on my Wii but I'm fine with that because my PS3 can't offer me what Nintendo offers: Those magic, memorable games like Zelda or Mario. I wanted a PS3 only for a few select games that I can't get on my Wii but I still think I'll be playing my Wii more often. Plus I love playing my Gamecube games on my Wii.

On my Wii I play:
Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Animal Crossing City Folk (Although I haven't played it lately..)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Wii Sports Resort
Mario Kart Wii
Plus a whole bunch of classic games like MM, OoT, LoZ, AoL, Super Mario Bros. 3, F-Zero, etc.

On my PS3 I play:
Red Dead Redemption
Final Fantasy XIII (Although I'm thinking of giving up because the story and combat confuses me.)
Little Big Planet
Plus some old games like the original 3 Spyros (I'm addicted) and Crash Bandicoot for the PS1.
I'm also getting GTA IV and Just Cause 2 soon.

But I play my DS about once every.. 3 months..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom