• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Do You Know About Computers?

How much do you know about computers?

• I am a computer genius

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am very smart with computers

• I am fairly knowlageable

• I only know the basics

• Whats a computer?

• Total voters
I am interested to know how much the ZD community knows about computers. I am very knowledgeable about computers and have loads of experience with them.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I voted "I only know the basics" but I think I might also qualify for "I am fairly knowledgeable." I could navigate around files and stuff but I don't really know that much. All I know is what I've taught myself from browsing through settings and stuff, although I don't do that too much because I'm afraid I'm going to ruin my computer.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
I am very good with computers. I know some things and places on computers that most people don't. Did you know that, on a Windows computer, you can access an ASCII version of Star Wars through Command Prompt?

I don't know all that much, but I think I'm fairly knowledgeable. I do know one person named Logic, he pretty much made his own operating system. He is a computer genius.

I went with the "I am fairly knowledgeable" option. It's not like I'm a computer whiz but I'm not some hopeless stump either. :P

I have experience with Microsoft Office Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Moviemaker, and more. I also have basic knowledge of connecting a computer to a router and setting up Internet. My older brother is currently taking a technology course in his freshman year of university as an Accounting Major (quite strange but I suppose knowledge of programs such as Excel is needed in an industry that is becoming more and more reliant on computers.

All in all, I can usually figure out what I need to with computers and connect multiple devices to the Internet. Just don't get me started with the 3DS...four months wasted trying to get a system update! Now that perplexed me to no end! D:

I also :lol: at the last option!

I think a lot of things to do with computers is common sence and anyone can become fairly knowlageable with them by just messing around with them for a few hours and being contantly exposed to them. I selected the "Fairly Knowlageable" section.

However compared to my Uncle... Good luck knowing more about computers then him. He works for the government and handles computers and such. I don't know exactly what you'd call his profession though lol.

Austin

Austin
I am an expert with computers, I assembled my own from spare microparts I had lying around and transistors from the hardware shop down the street. I just defraggled my motherdisk this morning, actually. I also have created my own operating system mostly based off of existing version of Loonix and by utilizing the GNA coretools. If anyone is having computer issues please let me know, I have plenty of experience in that area. I can't tell you how many people have come to me just needing their system32 folder purged.

I can mk a dir in root and chmod the hell out of it, that's of course only if I can't chown it first. My home directoy is so full of shells that I thought I was at the ocean, so I decided it was time to use fishshell. After that I got tired of coloring my ls so I aliased it. And as they say, alias is the gateway drug. Pretty soon I was bashing my resources. Don't even get me started about how I mount filesystems, that might just be too much for most to take in. But at any rate, whenever I'm at $HOME, I like to explore directories and patch the kernel.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would say that I am fairly knowledeable. I know my way around and I could teach anyone the basics of it for sure. Now I don't take any computer classes anymore like I did on college, but if it came down to it, I could just reteach myself again.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
I can mk a dir in root and chmod the hell out of it, that's of course only if I can't chown it first. My home directoy is so full of shells that I thought I was at the ocean, so I decided it was time to use fishshell. After that I got tired of coloring my ls so I aliased it. And as they say, alias is the gateway drug. Pretty soon I was bashing my resources. Don't even get me started about how I mount filesystems, that might just be too much for most to take in. But at any rate, whenever I'm at $HOME, I like to explore directories and patch the kernel.

wut

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I definitely know a fair bit about computers and I can do a fair bit of work and site shut downs (provided that it's monitored) but I'm no hacker or code genius. So basically fairly knowledgeable.

Din'sFlame

Sizzlin'
Well, to be honest, I go around saying 'Yeah, I know a ton of stuff about computers.' but in reality, I know next to nothing. My dad will ask me how to print something and I'll be like, 'press print.' and when he can't find the button , I say, 'Ask my sister'.

Hahahaha, I tend to imagine myself as a computer wiz, yet I'm practically clueless.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I taught Steve Jobs everything he knew. Bill Gates asks me for advice.

Nah, Just kidding :) I really look up to and respect both of these guys though.

I consider myself fairly knowlegeable when it comes to computers. I am very knowlegeable when it comes to computer history, I find it fascinating and I've studied it for a long time; but I'm just an average computer user. I get just as confused using Excel as everyone else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom