• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch How Much Are Willing To Pay For The Link's Awakening Remake?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Link's Awakening is a classic Game Boy game that I'm estatic to see being remade. Recently, I took part in a conversation on how much the game should cost, and saw multiple answers. The remake has improved graphics, it will have improved music, and the benefit of being played on a bigger screen. Additionally, it will give us the new Chamber Dungeon feature that will likely add hours worth of additional gameplay ontop of what we already know the game will offer. But does all that warrant buying the remake when you can buy Link's Awakening DX from the eshop for just $6 USD?

With everything considered, how much would you be willing to pay for this remake? Is it worth $60 USD? Will you be buying it all?

Last edited:
I'll be buying it. It's one of my favourite Zelda games of all time so I'm happy it's coming back with bells and whistles.

Price-wise in UK it is selling for £49.99 with the special edition (game, steelbook and artbook in a collector's box) going for £69.99.

I'd like to buy the special but will probably go for the standard. I dont really mind the price if i'm honest, worse games sell for more.

My local Walmart has Mario maker 2 for $50, so my hope is that Link’s Awakening will be that too. If not then $60 it is since I like the series too much

£49.99 for the standard edition is fine by me considering I never played the original. Quality is more important to me than quantity in most cases.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't know yet. I think I go for the full price this time. I only bought the special limited edition of HL 3DS and now I wanna go for this one too. One thing's for sure, I'm going to get the game :D

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think charging full price for old games (even if it's a remake) is dumb, but then again Skyrim Switch still retails for $80CAD so I can't say I'd be surprised if this game costs the same (I haven't bothered looking up the price because I don't think the remake adds enough to justify buying it at launch... also Link's character model is horrendous).

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
As capabilities of systems increases the content demand increases too, but should that increase the price?

I wouldn't pay 60 for a remake of a game, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes on sale at some point to a more manageable 30-40 range. Do they still do Nintendo selects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom