• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Much Altair in ACR?

Ganondork

goo
I'm assuming you are yet to have played Assassin's Creed: Revelations?

You only are Altair when viewing his memories through the Masyaf Keys. If you aren't aware of the significance of those, they are to open Altair's library underneath Masyaf Castle. Basically, Ezio either goes into assorted locations - usually cisterns of some sort with complex mechanisms that haven't survived the test of time - to get them, or he assassinates them in order to retrieve them.

When Ezio looks into the key, he is taken into Altair's memory - an animus inside of the animus, if you will. The key is composed of similar material that the Pieces of Eden are made up of. Altair made them using the knowledge he obtained from his Apple of Eden - let's just call it Apple of Eden #2. Sound familiar as to how he made it? Yes; Altair also used this Apple of Eden to create his durable - yet lightweight - armor, the Hidden Gun, and every Hidden Blade modification short of the Hookblade.

Each Masyaf Key shows a significant part in Altair's life that was not shown in the original Assassin's Creed. The time eras also vary. I'll give you a guide as to Altair's age when each key takes place, but I won't tell you the events that transpire.

• First memory is when Altair is 26 - before the original
  • Second memory is when Altair is 33 - promptly after his killing Al Mualim
  • Third memory is when Altair is 63
  • Fourth memory is when Altair is 84
  • Fifth memory is when Altair is 93

Although in the beginning of the game, the Ghost of Altair presents himself, you never see him again outside of the Masyaf Key memories. For this reason, you also cannot play as him freely outside of those memories. It was definitely a bit of a letdown, since I expected to see him in his ghost form more than just in the very beginning when you're going after Leandros. You will be surprised at the end, though, I promise you that.

The closest you'll get to roaming freely as Altair would be obtaining the outfits, Altair's Robes, and Old Altair. I don't remember the specifics, but I got them easily when I did my 100% run.

I hope all of this helped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom