• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Weapons & Armor in Total?

StarGate55555

Trophy Guide Writer
I am just curious as to how many different types of weapons and armors are there.

I know that the same weapon can have multiple tiers. Meaning that the name of the weapon could be the same but it can belong to a different tier (common, uncommon, rare, elite, possessed, elite).

My question is geared towards how many different names of weapons/armor are there.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I asked this same question to the developers during the community summit. The answer I got was 'several hundred'. The thing is, I don't know if that meant distinctive items, or if it meant different customization's. Looking at my inventory, I've gotten several basic weapons such as just a basic 'Scythe' with no name attached to it. That basic item, I've seen at various levels with different stats attached to it. I don't know if the basic Level 1 Scythe has the same stats... or rather, if there are multiple 'basic Level 1 scythes'.

In any case, there are so many weapons... that you'll hardly find yourself using the same weapon for a very long time... as you'll pickup loot of a more powerful weapon.

StarGate55555

Trophy Guide Writer
The reason I ask is because I had a dream the other day that I had created a thread about this, listed all weapons, their images and their stats, detailed information.

I kinda of figured that it would be too many to try and count.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
In any case, there are so many weapons... that you'll hardly find yourself using the same weapon for a very long time... as you'll pickup loot of a more powerful weapon.

Sounds like a blessing and a curse. While it's cool to constantly be getting more powerful weapons, finding them left and right sounds like it would take away a strategy element by always having a leg up over the enemies. I hope that's not the case, and I hope the different weapons are well-suited to different situations, but if the first Darksiders is any indication, that probably won't be the case.

Sounds like a blessing and a curse. While it's cool to constantly be getting more powerful weapons, finding them left and right sounds like it would take away a strategy element by always having a leg up over the enemies. I hope that's not the case, and I hope the different weapons are well-suited to different situations, but if the first Darksiders is any indication, that probably won't be the case.

JuciieJ has a great chain of thought here. Moreover, I hope Vigil Games can avoid the same poor design plaguing Twilight Princess. I don't want to obtain a plethora of items for the newest tool in my arsenal to be useless after an hour or two of gameplay. I'd prefer the strategy pursued by Skyward Sword-fewer items but all used wisely throughout the entire adventure.

I'd like to see how Darksiders handled its upgrade system though. I've never been a fan of RPG elements in Action-Adventure games but that view changed after playing SS. Although the enemies were tuned from the default equipment, ambitious players were rewarded and extra longevity injected.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd like to see how Darksiders handled its upgrade system though. I've never been a fan of RPG elements in Action-Adventure games but that view changed after playing SS. Although the enemies were tuned from the default equipment, ambitious players were rewarded and extra longevity injected.

It was decent, but it wasn't anything special. Thing is, it was trying to be something special, so it failed in that department.

Kuddlesnot

100% Video Creator
Well Stargate you can certainly try, but my guess is it is along the lines of random generation, with 100's of distinct items (legendary, base name etc) with thousands of possible randomly generated stat combinations on non-named items, a la Borderlands or any MMO. This is still not including all of the possible combinations for possessed weapons, which depend on what the player feeds it to level up. I am just talking about system generated weapons.

StarGate55555

Trophy Guide Writer
Well Stargate you can certainly try, but my guess is it is along the lines of random generation, with 100's of distinct items (legendary, base name etc) with thousands of possible randomly generated stat combinations on non-named items, a la Borderlands or any MMO. This is still not including all of the possible combinations for possessed weapons, which depend on what the player feeds it to level up. I am just talking about system generated weapons.

I was thinking of at least having all names of the weapons/armor. Not really worried about all the different variations of upgraded Possessed weapons, but rather the base one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom