• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many times have you sacrificed Yoshi?

In some Mario games if you ditch Yoshi mid-jump you can get yourself some extra height and save your skin from oblivion...

I never used to do this because Yoshi often acted as an extra hit so i liked to keep him around.

But what about you cruel heartless swines? How many of you have dropped Yoshi down pits of oblivion to save your own life?

Last edited:

funnier6

Courage~
There was this one epic moment in Mario bros U where I threw a baby yoshi into a poison river to get a star coin while yelling ''TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAMM!!''

Not exactly what you meant but I've accidentally killed regular Yoshi a few times. :P

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I've used the trick before to get extra height and hit a block, but mostly with solid ground under me in order to get him back later. I rarely think to sacrifice Yoshi over pits because I'm too stressed and can rarely react that quickly anyway. Losing an extra hit and a way to eat enemies seems undesirable, so it's not something you want to do unless it's the only option for survival. I mean, I think I managed to do it once or twice during some of the more difficult levels where you could have him, but I'm not very good at it and I don't really like doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom