• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How many times have you played BotW?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Some advice, I normally do Vah Ruta (Zora), Vah Medoh (Rito), then Vah Rudania (Goron), and finally Vah Naboris (Gerudo). I'd recommend getting the Master Sword before doing Vah Naboris.
That was my planned order, funnily enough. Don't tell me much because I want to do this as blindly as possible.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Once on a normal playthrough where I completed the main quest and all listed sidequests. I locked myself out of 100% though because I forgot to take pictures of some of the blights. I'm still slowly working away at a Master Mode playthrough, the plan was to 100% it instead, but I'm unsure if I'll be able to complete the trial of the sword. The backup plan if it's too difficult is to just restart a normal file and 100% it instead.
You can buy them from the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab, though. Nothing's really missable except for the treasure chests in Divine Beasts.
just once, it's only one save per profile anyway
Master Mode is another file, technically. What I did was use my completed MM profile to mess around and I kept restarting normal mode.

It's all separate but your compendium photos are connected and adding anything to your compendium in master mode will overwrite the photos you've taken in normal mode and likewise updating entries in either mode, overwrites the photos in the other mode. So if you have some particularly good photos you don't want to lose in your normal file, avoid adding to your compendium in master mode.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Once. And will probably never touch it again aside from future UHD anniversary ports which will inevitably happen.

I always leave Van Naboris til last as I nearly always have trouble with his blight, I need Durak’s protection to cope with it!
I also tried the Master sword trial several times but gave up because I felt I couldn’t do it. Tried it again last time and got it, quite chuffed with myself......or Link!

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Only once for me as well. I've only got so much time in my life you know... I'll probably replay it at some point in the future (at the very least for my youtube-channel), but I'm prioritizing other things atm

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
At least 3 times, probably 4 or even 5. At least one of those was left unfinished though still far along and the other one is a master mode run I only picked back up a few weeks ago. I have one profile for my original file if I ever feel like going for 100% (hah, yeah right) and the other one I use if I feel like restarting. Early game is really enjoyable to me so that's turned out to be the case more than it would've seemed at release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom