• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many times have you completed the Pokedex?

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
So Pokemon's slogan when it first started out was "Gotta catch 'em all!", although it's gone away as the number of Pokemon has went up over the years. Though that hasn't stopped people from trying to catch all the Pokemon and complete the Pokedex in their games. Have you ever completed the Pokedex, whether it be the regional one or the national one?

For me, I've completed it twice. I completed Hoenn's regional Pokedex in Ruby, and I also completed the National Pokedex (and, by extension, Johto's regional Pokedex) in SoulSilver. I haven't really bothered trying to complete it in other games ever since I did it in SS, though if I was going to, I'd probably complete the Galarian Pokedex in Shield.

Only back in Red/Blue/Yellow and Gold/Silver/Crystal. I stopped trying from 3rd gen onwards.

Never. Completing the dex is a man who feels comfortable frequently trading's game. I'm too anal about all my pokemon being in a certain type of pokeball so it's hard to even trade with people without sounding like a little *****. :goron: Came somewhat close in Gen VII since I sort of had both versions in a sense (Moon & Ultra Sun), and traded between the games but yeah I don't have friends who I could share the desire to complete the dex with so I haven't felt too obligated to. I complete what I can, though.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Omega Ruby, Ultra Sun and Shield. In each game i did the living dex challenge, it took a few months for OR just cuz of ridiculous trade requests and US about two months due to breeding and Shield was done in a month

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I think from Black and White generation till now. Why? I love encountering shines and collecting those I can have. Plus, I see it as a challenge as well within the game.

Quin

Disaster Master
Pokemon Yellow, Pokemon Gold, Pokemon Ruby(only regional), Pokemon Hearthgold, Pokemon X/Y. I decided with X/Y to get a Living dex.(have literally all pokemon in your box) So getting a complete dex in Omega Ruby and sun/ultra sun was a breeze. In ultra sun I had the complete dex before I even completed the first trail.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I’ve only played Yellow, Ruby, Let’s Go Pikachu and Shield and never once completed a Dex. For the most part, I dislike the Pokémon games. Honestly, the wild Pokémon encounters are my least favourite thing about the series as they significantly slow down the gameplay (yes, I know that is the basic gameplay) so actually going out of my way to trigger those is a big no for me. I appreciate in Let’s Go Pikachu and to some extent in Sword and Shield that I can avoid them unless I have a need for them.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Only in Pokemon White if I recall correctly. I am getting pretty close in Sword but I kinda have stopped playing for a while recently as it feels like a bit of a chore (despite the fact that it isn't even a complete dex this time).

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Once. In gen 4, Pokémon Diamond. That was when I started collecting, so it was the first time I really wanted to get all the available ones. I did need to use an AR to get a handful of the rarer ones, but I still count it. So everything from gen 4 and back I do have. Starting with gen 5, I still need Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect to complete that gen, and pretty much the same with every gen after that. But I doubt they'll ever have another event for those Pokémon again...

Quin

Disaster Master
I borrowed Sword for about a week or 3, and with the help of home completed the dex there too. With that I also fully completed the dex in Home, which actually gives you something neat, a never before released version of magearna, Which is really the only positive thing I can say about the service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom