• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many times have you bought your favorite game(s)?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
In gaming, a common thing to say that you've 'double-dipped' on a game, buying it and then re-buying it when a new version, or a remaster, or a new collector's edition comes. (For example I double-dipped on The Last of Us when the remaster released a year after the original.). Then there's also the slightly less fortunate situation of having to re-buy a game if it gets stolen or lost. (Then of course, there's times when one buys additional collector's editions of games because one really likes them.) How many times have you bought your favorite game(s)?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I brought oot for n64 gamcube and 3ds
Skyrim is on xbix360 and switch
I think theres others but cant remember at the moment...

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I never liked double dipping, but I did buy Wind Waker HD and Metal Gear Solid 3d b/c I wanted to try those versions out, I do plan on selling these though
also after some thinking, I decided on buying Xenoblade on switch when that comes out, b/c its looking to be more than just a remaster, I have no idea if I'm gonna sell this or not after I beat it, otherwise would have rebought it on 3ds just to try it out

Last edited:
Oh bloody hell, let me think.

Wind Waker - Twice on Gamecube (standard and special editions), once on Wii U = Total of 3.

Kirby Fun Pak/Super Star - Once on SNES, once on Wii U eShop, once on DS, once on Switch (NSO) = Total of 4

Ocarina of Time - Once on N64, twice on GameCube, once on 3DS, once on Wii U eShop = Total of 5

Majora's Mask - once on N64 (gold cart), once on Gamecube, once on 3DS = Total of 3

Shadow of the Colossus - Once on PS2, once on PS3, once on Ps4 = Total of 3

Twilight Princess - once on Gamecube, once on Wii, once on Wii U = Total of 3

Tales of Xillia - four times on PS3 (standard edition, special edition, day one edition, double pack with Xillia 2) = total of 4

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 - once on Gamecube, once on Wii = Total of 2

Velocity 2X - Once on Ps4, once on Switch = total of 2

Last edited:

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I've got double versions of some games.
My favorite game is Majora's Mask, and I've got 2 of them. I never had the original, but rather the"Gamecubeversion" from the Collector's Edition disc, but I also bought the 3DS-version when that came out

Halo 1 I have 4 times on the original Xbox disc, the PC release, the 360 anniversary disc, and as part of the Master Chief collection on Xbox One.

I have Ocarina of Time on 3 systems: N64, Gamecube (Collector's Edition disc), and 3DS.

I can't think of any other games I have 3 or more different versions of. I'm usually content with just 1 or 2 copies.

I'm using the term "bought" loosely, because some of my copies were gifts or my parents got them for me and stuff. But anyway:

I currently have two copies of Rune Factory 4. I have Rune Factory 4 Special preordered, so in a month, that will make it three.
I also have two copies of Rune Factory 3. My duplicates for both of these RF games is because I have Japanese copies from the RF4 Platinum Collection.
I have three copies of A Link to the Past, if you count the Nintendo Switch Online version and virtual console.
I have three copies of Super Mario Bros. 3, for the same reasons as A Link to the Past.
I have two copies of Hollow Knight, one digital and one physical. I don't play the physical version though.
I have two copies of the Wind Waker but I would totally drop money on a Switch rerelease in a heartbeat.

Most of the other duplicates I can think of are mostly just like classics and stuff, mostly Zelda; I have a few copies of OoT and MM. And TP because of the Wii U version.

I don't play on PC and I only own Nintendo consoles so far, so I don't really have to deal with that dilemma of buying another copy of a game for another platform most of the time.

I usually buy multiple copies of the same version if I lose one for any reason, but to this day I haven't truly lost a copy of any of my games, physical copies at least. At most I have three copies of a single game, but on average I usually have two copies. Except for Plants vs. Zombies which I have four versions, one PC version, two DS versions, and the free mobile version. Which is surprising considering it's not one of my favorite games, but I still love the game nonetheless.

Most of my games that I have on my GameCube, I have two of, except for first party games. The only exception to this rule is Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door which I have two copies.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Apparently I have a bit of a problem with this:

Ace Attorney (Phoenix Trilogy) - GBA, iOS, Wii VC, DS, Switch, PC (6)
OoT - N64, GCN, Wii VC (3) [Would buy a Switch version if released]
MM - Same as OoT (3)
TP - GCN, Wii (2)
Bayonetta - PC, Switch (2)
RE0 - GCN, PC, Switch (3)
RE - DS, PC (2)
REmake - GCN, PC, Switch (3)
RE2 - N64, GCN (2)
RE4 - GCN (Collector's Edition), PC (HD Remaster), Switch (HD Port) (3)
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - GCN, PC (HD Remaster), Switch (HD Remaster port) + I gifted it to two people (5)
Darksiders - PC, PC (Remaster), Switch (3)
Darksiders II, PC, PC (Remaster), Switch (3)
Clannad - PC, Switch (2)
Trauma Center - DS (Under The Knife), Wii (Second Opinion) (2) [Would buy a Switch port]
Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii, Switch (preorder) (2)

The only ones off the top of my head I can remember are :

-Wind Waker : once normal on GC though I didn't buy it myself being a tween at the time, and once with WWHD which IIRC came in a package deal with MK8 or some other Wii U title

-Golden Sun/TLA : Owned once on GBA, then on Wii U VC.

None of my top 10 all time I have bought more than once. Eventually will buy them again, just would prefer to do so once I want to replay them and have gotten through a big chunk of my backlog.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
actually do compilations count? b/c I have MGS3 Subsistence but I also got the HD Collection which has MGS3, but I primarily bought that for Peace Walker and MGS2 since I didn't have those
ah whatever, in that case I have a couple of duplicates in that form

Mario Sunshine, I bought twice, and emulated from then on.
I also got A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess twice each.

my older brother must've bought Twilight Princess 5x over, because he kept breaking the discs out of anger. Such a waste.

Twilight Princess: Once for the Wii, and then the HD remake on the Wii U
Breath of the Wild: I couldn't afford a Switch when it came out, so I got the Wii U version. Later, when I bought the Switch I wanted it there too.
Mario Kart 8/Deluxe: Have it on the Wii U, but wanted it on my Switch as well.
Super Mario 64: N64 and then the DS version

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy - GCN, PC (HD Remaster), Switch (HD Remaster port) + I gifted it to two people (5)
I love this game, I haven't met a lot of people who played it though.

Anyway, I mainly end up re-buying Zelda games, or old NES and SNES games that I enjoy and I have no problems re-buying them most of the time so I can have them on modern consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom