• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many times have you bought your favorite game(s)?

I have the first Ace Attorney game apart of the Phoenix Wright trilogy on PC and Switch, so two copies.

Last edited:

Quin

Disaster Master
I only do this if I really like the game, and the second version I'm getting is actually objectively better, Which doesn't happen a lot.
I still double dipped with some of the 3D zelda game rereleases, but I didn't know much better at the time

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
If digital versions are included, there's a handful of games I recall buying three times. The NES Zelda games (NES, Wii, 3DS), Ocarina of Time (GCN, Wii, 3DS), A Link to the Past (GBA, Wii, Wii U), Metroid Prime 3 (Original Release on Wii, Prime Trilogy disc on Wii & Prime Trilogy download on Wii U). Now that I think about it, I could easily pay for the NES Zelda games and Ocarina of Time for the fourth time if I finally pay the upgrade fee for the Wii U Virtual Console for less than a dollar each.

If digital versions are not included, I don't think there's any game I've bought three times, but countless games I've bought twice. Notable games off the top of my head would be Twilight Princess (Wii, Wii U), The Wind Waker (GCN, Wii U) and Mario Kart 8 (Wii U, Switch).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I bought Monster Hunter Generations on the 3DS, then imported a Japanese copy of Monster Hunter XX, and then bought it again when it came to the west as Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. So that's three times for one game.

I am going to buy Rune Factory 4 Special despite owning the 3DS version of the game. I did the same thing with Hyrule Warriors.

I don't know if this counts as double dipping because the first copy was lost, but I bought physical copies of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Animal Crossing New Leaf to replace the digital ones that got wiped.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I don't know if this counts as double dipping because the first copy was lost, but I bought physical copies of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Animal Crossing New Leaf to replace the digital ones that got wiped.
I feel like there's an exception for buying a game again if you lose your old one or if it becomes unplayable in some way, I had to replace a few gamecube games when my little brother messed up my discs back then [one of them was disc 1 of MGS The Twin Snakes, ugh]

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Most of the games I've bought twice were for the Switch. Why enjoy your favorite games on PC when you can enjoy them in your cargo pocket? I think I've bought Dark Souls, Doom 4, Divinity: Original Sin, and Dragon's Dogma twice.

I just noticed that all those games begin with the letter 'D'.

I think life is trying to tell me something.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Well, I've bought Minecraft twice for me and a friend, I bought Civ 5 a total of 4 times so my siblings and girlfriend and I could play it.

I also had to buy or receive as a gift 3 copies of New Super Mario Bros for the DS after it was stolen not once but twice within a year. That was fun.

2 copies of The Legend of Zelda - Phantom Hourglass, after my original went through the wash.

2 copies of Breath of the Wild + DLC, one for the Wii U and then another now that I have my switch.

2 copies of A Link to The Past, technically, since I recently got my SNES copy and have had the GBA version for many years.

2 copies of Pokemon Platinum so I can save all of my teams on one and replay the other!

2 copies of Shadow of the Colossus as well, one on PS2 and the remake years later on PS4.

I think that's the best of them... Most of my other stuff I'm content to have a single copy of.

my older brother must've bought Twilight Princess 5x over, because he kept breaking the discs out of anger. Such a waste.

Uh, what? Did he take the game out of the GC / Wii just to break it? That's hardcore!

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Once. I bought TW3 during a Steam Sale since I'd gotten a GOG copy with my video card. Mainly got it for the easy screenshot function.

I also got Arkham Knight with my card but I definitely never bought *that* a second time.

Super Mario Bros. 3: 4 times. NES from a school sale where I could choose money or a prize. For the GBA. SMA on the Wii. And again when I got the NES Classic.

TLoZ/AoL-3 times. Had them on the NES. I have it on the GBA. Have it on the NES Classic.

Mega Man Zero games. I had Z2 on the GBA. I have the Collection for the DS. And the Switch Collection.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I double dipped a few times.

Ocarina of Time (3DS/N64/Gamecube Collection)
Metroid Prime (3/Collectors Edition)

More recently, I double dipped on Slay the Spire, and probably will again. Currently it's on PC (the first platform I bought it on) and Switch (the second one I bought it on), as well as other major consoles. It will also probably be released on Mobile Devices some time this summer based on what the dev team has planned, and I'll most likely get it on mobile as well. It's just that fun.

I do have plans to double dip soon after my next paycheck. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX seems like a pretty faithful remake of the original games and I'm excited to play them.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Probably bought Resident Evil more than anything else. I had a copy on PS1, I had the Director's Cut also on PS1, and I had the remake on GameCube, then again on Wii, then again on PC. That is if you count the remake as the same game, mind.

Ninja

Well well well
Bought and beaten FFX for every console release/remaster so far, and probably would do it again next console.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom