• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How many times did you...

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Hey guys! I was wondering: Approximately how many times-

1- You died
2- You replayed the game
3- Fought a Lynel
4- Beat the Final Boss
5- Used a guide

1. DIED: Way too many times to count. I was never afraid of dying since I knew I basically just restarted right where I left off. I got good at saving pretty much anytime I figured a death may be coming, which made it even more fool-proof.

2. REPLAYED THE GAME: Officially I am on my third game, but this third one was/is helping my son play. Of course, I'm ending up playing more than him, but I guess it counts as a third play-through.

3. FOUGHT A LYNEL: Again, WAY too many times to count. I really enjoyed, and still enjoy fighting them. Even now that I have the pattern down on all of them, I still find it rewarding to see how fast/easy I can kill them.

4. BEAT THE FINAL BOSS (GANON): I did it one time in each of my two "real" playthroughs ... I found it amazingly anti-climactic, and also didn't like the idea that after you beat Ganon, you can continue playing as if you had not beaten him. (NOTE: I have seen some posts here and there that lead me to believe that there are some things that 'change' in the game after you beat Ganon and keep playing ... but if that's the case, I didn't notice anything).

5. USED A GUIDE: Yes, I used a guide ... however, on my first playthrough, I can honestly say I only used any sort of hints, guides, advice, etc. if/when I felt I REALLY needed it ... which was not very often. I think there 3 shrines I had to look up to get, and a few times accidentally saw/read/heard something about "try this" kinda stuff that ended up being helpful ... but my first playthrough was pretty much done with no help. I got about 350 korok seeds, all shrines, all divine beasts, and most of the armors out there, as well as most upgrades. I didn't try to complete all side quests, but am sure I found and completed about 75% of them (roughly 55 of the 76).

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
1. Lost count long ago, but not so much anymore now that I manage my food items and am generally better at knowing when I need to eat to keep from dying, lol

2. On my second playthrough still

3. Lost count, barely fought them in my first game, but in my second game I'm farming them and Guardians left and right.

4. Once, I don't really go for replaying boss fights so much, I prefer the dungeons leading up to the bosses more than the actual bosses, lol

5. About a dozen times probably for little things, didn't really want to use a guide for this game, but it's nice to for instance know a pedestal glows between this and that hour so I don't have to stand through a whole day/night cycle to find out, or knowing for sure I've collected all the armour pieces, etc.

1- You died
Idk my mans. Really wish there was a counter for the sake of memin' ya get me? I'd estimate around 30 times in my first file. No game overs recently but early on I did die a lot.

The file I started last night has quite a few deaths building up. Lizalfoses in the castle bested me at least eight times lol. Gosh dang it I'm too reckless.

2- You replayed the game
This new file'll be my first time replaying.

3- Fought a Lynel
Somewhere around 40, I think? I haven't fought all of them yet but I've fought several multiple times.

4- Beat the Final Boss
Once. Been meaning to go back for the true ending but I always get distracted before finishing Dark Beast Ganon. I've killed Calamity a few times though.

5- Used a guide
Define used a guide. I got a lot of information from just hanging around on ZD tbh and youtube videos too. Aside from that though, I looked up the locations for my last few shrines, and the trigger for the shrine orb in Kakariko.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
1- You died - a small handful
2- You replayed the game - zero
3- Fought a Lynel - like once lol
4- Beat the Final Boss - once
5- Used a guide - last verse same as the first

Died- Maybe around 10-15, most being my first Ganon fight (waterblight) and the rest near the beginning trying to get used to things.

Replayed- Zero, dont think i'll go back through it again for a few years.

Fought a Lynel- At this point probably about 15-20.

Beat C. Ganon- Four times.

Used a guide- I needed help with Vah Naboris and i couldnt figure out some sidequests like the Hero's Cache that those two guys in the stable talk about near the Duelling Peaks.

Deaths: 25 times maybe, mostly forgetting I don't have the paraglider on my new files.

Replays: 5 times

Lynel Kills: I've lost count, possibly around a hundred

Killed Ganon: 20ish times, mostly messing around

Used Guides: Mostly for talus and molduga locations, a few times to get the last 5 or so shines on my first playthrough and a few times for side quests.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Deaths = Countless times. I lost counting.
Replays = None, I'm still on my first file.
Lynel Kills = Several. They have been my fav targets even before the guardians.
Killed Ganon = Once. I don't find him interesting enough to face him again.
Used Guides = Only for minor things like korok or enemy locations.

Aku

Deaths- About 20 in the first playthrough. On my second now, some most recently by Fire Blight Ganon, but it's because I am just running on 3 hearts, and I kept trying to take a 'good' picture of him.

Replays- On my second playthrough.

Lynel Kills- Just one, it was in the stadium. I got close to killing another one, but I made a dumb move when he didn't have much health left and he killed me.

Killed Ganon- Once. The fight is pretty anti-climactic, Calamity Ganon is fine but Beast Ganon is over too soon and too easy. The Blights are way funner to fight.

Used Guides- A little. Mostly where to find the shrines/areas that had some missing parts of a clothing set that I was looking for, and how/where to find the White Stallion and Giant Horse.Might think about it to find all of the shrines, so I can play through them all and also to get the Hero of the Wild Tunic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom