• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many tabs/windows do you tend to have open when online?

Just curious.

I rarely have more than 5 but I know people who have so many that you can't tell what's what.

How do you internet?

(Not talking about restaurant tabs & car/house windows either)

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I typically have at least four or more open at a time, usually because I've picked out multiple articles that I want to read but get distracted by something else before actually reading them.

Maghy

Work hard/ Play Harder
I'm probably one of those people who have more than 20)))
I open windows with interesting info and I think that someday I read and anyway they hang debugging information with reading

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
usually around 5-8 tabs at once. Usually there's one tab for watching something, and I leave that open so I can get back to watching whenever I feel like it. Then zd stays open most of the time, and then the rest come and go throughout the day. I don't really know why, but I always like to have a new tab open always, and whenever I put away my computer or tablet I like to leave it on that new tab, with nothing on it.

Edit: and for the window part, I'll usually have two, my browser and my writing

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Like spirit im on my phone usually so one tab...but the rare chances im on the computer its like 3 zd, fb and email...

Ninja

Well well well
4-5 is about right. Mostly it's Reddit posts for viewing in a moment, and Youtube playing something in the background.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I mean, ideally I'd have only have like 4 or so open at a time in one window (which would just be the main sites I browse), but somehow I always end up with double digits. Usually it's just stuff I want to read but haven't yet, or for forums threads I want to post in but haven't.

Maghy

Work hard/ Play Harder
I usually have more than 15 open at a time. I like to leave things open if there's a chance I need to go back to whatever is on there, for the sake of convenience. Tabs stay open for months sometimes.

Totaly agree)))

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My phone probably gets up to around a hundred tabs before I remember to close them all.

For my computer generally I have around 20 or more tabs open during the semester as I keep them open in various windows as I work on assignments from start to finish (I don't turn off my computer for months at a time). Outside the semester it drops down to less than ten usually though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom