• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many series do you like more than Zelda?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Metal Gear and Mario I can probably say I like a bit more than Zelda overall, Grand Theft Auto is like right there though, whether I like it more than Zelda would depend on how I feel at the moment

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
I like Zelda the most with Elder Scrolls a close second. Then I'd say Mario, God of War and Europa Universalis tie for third place. I don't like any other video games really outside of some one shot games I play when recommended.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Halo, Resident Evil, Bioshock, Borderlands, Dark Souls, an Animal Crossing are the only ones that come close but I don't like them more than I like Zelda.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
When I consider the amount of Zelda games and how much I like them on average, it's definitely my favourite single-player focused series. I specify "single-player" because I find it way too tough to compare them to multiplayer-based games, such as Splatoon and Smash.

Of course, there are plenty of franchises that have a game (or games) that I like more than a majority of Zelda titles (eg. Metroid, Mario, Crash, Kid Icarus, Rayman). If I were to make a top ten list of my favourite games, there would probably only be two Zelda games on it at most; Zelda just has the edge over all the others for the numerous top tier experiences.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Several.

I maintain that I'm a fan of no series, since being a fan of a series and not of the individual games in a series inevitably leads to disappointed. That being said, there are some series I find more enjoyable than Zelda that haven't yet fallen off in quality. Deus Ex has always been fun, same with Resident Evil, Dark Souls, Divinity, the Batman: Arkham games, and the Witcher titles.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
Nothing even comes close. As I've grown older, I've stopped playing a lot of new video games... with the exception of Zelda. It's far and away the most important franchise to me. If this was almost 20 years ago... Mega Man, Resident Evil, and Super Mario Bros would be right up there next to it, but not anymore.

The only other franchise that I'd even put in the discussion is Darksiders. I truly enjoyed all three games and it's my second favorite franchise.

Series that have lasted almost as long as Zelda and that have kept my fan enthusiasm would be Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Mario, and... I'd have to think for a while..

in the last couple of console and p.c. gaming cycles I would say that Red Dead Redemption and the Souls series have won me over... Oh, and the Elder Scrolls world...

Prince of Persia the Sands of Time, Warrior Within, and the Two Thrones were a great trilogy of games that began to win me over in the early 00s as a very similar series to Zelda in its brightly colored, actin adventure fantasy setting but they quickly declined in quality and were replaced by the monotonous and sadly rehashed world of the Asssassin's Creed series that again almost won me over but has had problems over the years by being a cash grab series that instead of making quality Legend of Zelda esque epic titles has instead chose to make the same game over and over again like the Call of Duty series.

Dragon Quest is my #1. Love it to bits, expectially DQ11 and DQH/DQH2.

Master of Orion - Sure MOO3 was garbage but MOO2 was amazing and MOO4 is relatively good all things considered.

Secret of Monkey Island - I think all the games are amazing though Monkey 2 is my favourite as it's the odd one otut and different too all the rest. Just play the original release, not the remake as the remake butchers the music and has the total wrong look for Guybrush.

Quin

Disaster Master
None, Its still my Number 1, But Monster Hunter comes close. Especially with Iceborne, it turned into one of my favorite games ever.
Smash bros is a good 3rd place
Some others that rank close to my top 3 are Mario, Dragon Quest, Panel de Pon, (early) starfox and Dark Souls.

S

Seadragon

DK and Pac Man there are games I like more. Smash Bros, Jak and Daxter, and Crash are around the same level as Zelda for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom