• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess How Many Scents Did You Actually Use?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So in Twilight Princess, there's a concept iwth Wolf Link that involves sniffing a quest-item and using it to follow a trail. Some scents are optional; others are required. I was wondering, though, which scents did YOU use? Why did you use some and not the others?

I used the flicker technique, i used them all to see where i was going but when i looked ahead to see where it led i switched it back off and enjoyed the look of the twilight, i love the look of the twilight and its a shame that the sense mode put the screen in darkness, i only put the scent trail back on when i needed to.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I don't know. I guess I just used the required ones because I can't think of the ones that weren't for the main quest. Which ones were optional?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I didn't know there were optional ones. I used all the scents that were put in front of me. I usually explore as early as possible in Zelda, but I knew that I wasn't going to be able to access anything as wolf form in the early parts of the game, so I mainly kept the scents on and kept going. Only when I could willingly become a wolf did I sometimes turn it off.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I am 100% sure that the Reekfish scent is required for completion of the game. Poe scents in Arbiter's, I do not know, and I do not know about the Medicine Scent. Ilia's scent isn't required, neither is the Youth's Scent.

That being said, I know I went without the latter two for my first run; I liked messing around in the game more than anything. And on later runs, I forgoed them again (forgoed isn't a word) because I know where to go in those specific parts of the game. :)

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
After my initial run of the game, where I used all of them, I pretty much only use the Reekfish and the Poe scents. Like Spirit, though, I tend to flicker--I also love the look of the Twilight, but practically I also tend to get taken by surprise by enemies lurking in the dark, especially when heading up to Snowpeak. Those gosh darn white wolfos always catch me by surprise if I leave my senses on too long.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I used the flicker technique, i used them all to see where i was going but when i looked ahead to see where it led i switched it back off and enjoyed the look of the twilight, i love the look of the twilight and its a shame that the sense mode put the screen in darkness, i only put the scent trail back on when i needed to.
I pretty much did this...I think the when using the Wolf's ability to seek out a scent it took away from the overworld and scenery. Especially in Snowpeak, I love this area and its a shame that for a big section of this are you have to use the scent, well it is optional. In fact I have remembered the exact path so if I do go through Snowpeak I don't use the scent at all.

I never use any of the scents. I played the game so many times i know where everything is. Thus I do not found any need for the scents.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I used all the scents on my first play through. After that, I pick up all the scents, though I only used the Reekfish scent (using the "flickering" technique). On other play throughs, I knew where I was going, thus there was no need to use them. I just used the Reekfish scent to save me from many failed attempts at trying to conquer Snowpeak without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom