• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Pieces in a Heart Container?

Number of pieces for a Heart Container

Votes: 0 0.0%

• None, just use Heart Containers

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
I honestly think there should always be 4 heart pieces to a heart containers. This represents the 4 chambers of the heart. When all 4 pieces of heart come together, it becomes complete to make 1 single heart container, just like 4 chambers make one human heart. <3

That's exactly how I always saw the heart pieces! I personally believe that Nintendo should always make Zelda games with 4 pieces of heart, since it is a classic thing that has performed very well in the past decade. Hopefully, Nintendo can continue the tradition of 4 pieces of hearts for future Zelda games.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
I think there should be 4 per heart container, but more heart pieces. So you only need 4 for an extra heart, but there are 40-50+ heart pieces so it's a lot of exploration (Wind Waker & Majora's Mask for example).

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I prefer 5 pieces to a container. It makes it feel more rewarding once you finally get that fifth piece. It also means more sidequests.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
4, maybe less (3 maybe?)
I only say maybe less because I'm lazy. ;)
4 just feels more Zelda-ish to me. It's what they usually always have. I don't want to be looking all over the place just to have my hearts increase by 1

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I would say 4 ( I accidently clicked on none) because its not to hard to get a new heart and not to easy to get a new heart, OoT had it and so did most games and it should stay that way.

Good poll idea! An entire container is too easy. Instant satisfaction for a smaller price. 5 pieces is too many. Little satisfaction for each piece. 4 pieces is not only the most frequent but the most balanced.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I quite enjoy when there are Four Pieces of Heart needed to complete a new Heart Container. Having only full Heart Containers was OK in the retro ages before they had the ability to use four pieces, but when that re-appeared in the DS games I was disappointed. Collecting Pieces of Heart provides benefits for going out of your way to do something. While the 5 Heart Pieces were not bad, I believe it just added to much collection and frustration.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I prefer 4. It made more sense than 5. But I actually think it'd be no bad thing if it got cut down to 2. If you were doing an 100% run it would mean a lot less unnecessarily long hunts for some of the pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom