• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time How Many of You Plan on Doing a Minimalist/ 3HC/Complete Run 4 Ur 1st Run in OoT 3D?

What type of run will you do on your first run?

• Completionist run (100% run)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 Heart Challenge

• Minimalist Run (0% run)

• A normal run

• Total voters

Fierce

Deity Link
Since most of us have already beaten this game senselessly, how many of you plan on doing your first run in another way then just beating the game?

For those of you that don't know, many Zelda-fans chose to complete the game by also challenging themselves:

Completionist Run
This method includes beating the game 100%.
- All 100 Skulltulas
- Every Chest Opened
- Every Heartpeice found
- Every Upgrade Aquired
- Every Sidequest beaten
- Every Gossip stone talked to (With Mask of Truth)
- Running man defeated (Master Quest only)
- Cow in House

Three Heart Challenge
In this method anything goes, as long as Ganon is defeated with Three hearts and you have not died once*.
- No Heart Containers
- No Heart Pieces
- Zero Deaths

*Alternatively, some forgoe the zero death policy to make the challenge easier.

MINIMALIST RUN
Absolute hardest method of all, for Pro-gamers only. The Ultimate test of Zelda skill.
- Three Hearts only
- No sheild at all times (Burn/ have it eaten by a like-like) Mirror sheild allowed for puzzles
- Use only broken Giant's Knife as soon as possible.
- No Deku Sticks/ Nuts in battle
- No Upgrades (Quiver, Bombs, Seeds, etc.)
- No Special Arrows besides Light Arrows and Fire (Used ONLY when needed to solve a puzzle/ open the Shadow Temple)
- One Bottle only, and do NOT use it unless required by plot
- No Epona
- Do not learn Sun's Song
- No Great Fairy Powers at all
- No Lens of Truth... Ever. (yes, you need to memorize the desert)

So anyone plan on mixing it up with one of these types of runs?

A completionist run for sure. I've played this game so many times but I still want to get all the collectables whenever I replay it.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I'm probably just going to do a regular run just for the sake of not ruining the game. I feel like I've beaten Ocarina of Time too many times 100%. So I'll first do a regular run and then a 100% :D After that though I'm probably going to do the three heart challenge and the minimalist as well. I'll probably do all those things on the master quest version too so guaranteed this game is going to be overplayed XD I JUST CANT WAIT XD The game is at least gonna take a week of gameplay and my life! :)

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
I'm picking the first one (100% for both quests), but without deaths and gossip stones. Also, I think it's still impossible to beat the running man.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I would want to do a 100% run the first time, so I can see exactly all the differences between OoT and the 3DS version, make sure I don't miss anything ^^

On a separate note....

Waitwaitwait WAHT? o_O That true? Sorry for asking, but can you link me to a source for that?

Fierce

Deity Link
Yeah, try playing the Gamecube version of Master Quest. If your time is under a minute you defeat his time. :P
Aparently you were supposed to be able to beat the Running man in the original OoT but it was an oversight and the script was left out.

On topic though, I love this game so much and I will be doing every type of run imaginable... but my first run will be a regular/ completionist run in honour of my very first run I think.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I always do completionist runs. In case any of my friends need help, I'll always know what to tell them, no matter where they are. That, and it's just fun to do. I've never done a minimalist run before, but I have done a 3-Heart-Run in OoT MQ for gamecube. I'll probably do a 3-Heart-Run as the first playthrough of OoT MQ 3D.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Completionist Run
This method includes beating the game 100%.
- All 100 Skulltulas
- Every Chest Opened
- Every Heartpeice found
- Every Upgrade Aquired
- Every Sidequest beaten
- Every Gossip stone talked to (With Mask of Truth)
- Cow in House

I have a couple of problems with this list. First of all, you cannot beat the running man. I read what you said about Master Quest but I know for a fact that it's not true (Feel free to prove me wrong). Second, I have never seen talking to all of the Gossip Stones on any other 100% list. Besides, there's no way to prove that you've talked to all of them because there's no place in the game that records that number.

On a side note, opening all of the treasure chests seems rediculous to me because most of them are rupees and recovery hearts but I can see why someone would put that on their list.

Fierce

Deity Link
It is something you do to challenge yourself. You keep your own record. Just another way to milk more gameplay out of the game really.

Also the Running man thing was a joke, obviously.

BUT, food for thought:

Miyamoto:"The running man has no significance in the game, he is mainly to train you to move around faster" "However, there is something you can do while racing, which can change something in the game. It is not much, but it is very rewarding. I am not sure if our friends overseas have found this out yet, but definitely I have known about Japanese players finding this extra secret. I am not sure why many people have not found it yet, because it is a simple thing to find out"

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Also the Running man thing was a joke, obviously.

BUT, food for thought:

Miyamoto:"The running man has no significance in the game, he is mainly to train you to move around faster" "However, there is something you can do while racing, which can change something in the game. It is not much, but it is very rewarding. I am not sure if our friends overseas have found this out yet, but definitely I have known about Japanese players finding this extra secret. I am not sure why many people have not found it yet, because it is a simple thing to find out"

You got my hopes up dangit :silent: I think it's because the way you wrote it in actually clashes with the serious tone prevalent throughout the rest of your post. You should make a clear indication that the line is not meant to be taken on an equal level of seriousness as the rest of your post by marking it with something akin to a :P or a ;) afterwards, hinting a shift away from serious tone. It's the internet, so stuff like sarcasm and tone don't show as easily as you may think without clear indication. But anyway, this is just a suggestion to consider ^^

Also, what interview was that from? I'm interested in reading it directly ^^

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
3HC seems like a good start, since OoT3D is mostly the same as regular OoT except the graphics and slightly easier Water Temple...

Fierce

Deity Link
Bear in mind that the easier Water Temple is optional and the lights can be turned off.

Source for that interview is a 1998 issue of Famitsu if that helps... not sure where you can still find it. I have a whole text file filled with Miyamoto quotes that I took that from. Yes, I'm a bit of a Zelda otaku...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom