• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many new Pokemon are you expecting to be added to the next generation?

The number of Pokemon added to each new generation seems to be very inconsistent with some adding 100 and other barely adding 70.

The next Pokemon generation will likely be on Switch since it had been confirmed there will be no more mainline Pokemon games on the 3DS family of systems.

Pokemon Switch will probably use Pokemon bank to fill up that increasingly irritating to fill pokedex but that is a lot of pokemon to code into a game...

With all the pokemon that currently exist and the Switch's added power, how many new Pokemon are you expecting the next generation to have?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
They've been dialing down on pokemon each subsequent generation so in all honesty i expect maybe 80 new pokes and the rest to be a mix up of other past generations

Mido

Version 1
I want more than what we got with gens 6 and 7 but they don't have to go crazy like with 5, just some happy middle.

It's a little strange, but for whatever reason I really enjoyed that Gen V had a crazy amount of new Pokemon as it made the experience feel fresh from when I played. I was actually sort of disappointed in Gen VII that my first team didn't have as many "new" Pokemon as I would have imagined (not that it's really a dealbreaker in any way, just a matter of taste I suppose :sweat: ).

For the next Pokemon generation, I anticipate that the trends of the last two generations will continue with a mix of old and new, a mix of fresh and familiar. I find myself uncertain on an exact quantity, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom