• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Link Dolls Can Be Found in AoL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I know about some of them (maybe all but I am no sure).
If someone wants to help me with this question can you please say (or try to explain) where you are supposed to find them? That would make my day ;).

(I cannot find any official information :()

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
I am not quite sure of all the locations, but I usually get them as soon
as I can.
There's one in Midoro Swamp right by the cave you got the,eh, miracle water or something? Forgot what it's called. It's just a square down and left from the rock in the way of the cave.
I know that there's also one southwest of the big graveyard area where you fall down the pothole to find the Island Palace. It's on one of the lower screens by the ocean.
There's another one right before the bridge to Maze Palace. It's in the corner right by the woods, with the ocean on the other side of it.
Now, I also can remember getting one in the Three-Eye Rock Palace. You have to fight a blue ironknuckle to get it.
There's also supposed to be one in the Great Palace, but I have never run into it.

I don't know if this will help you much, so I just putting that out there for other people to read.
If you really want to get a good guide, go to a site like Gamefaqs or something. I'm sure they'll have a guide on the Link Dolls.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Thank you for the information. Those you mentioned I know of (you did great in explaining their respective locations :)). You gave me 5.

I am 100 % sure of one more. The one that is located west of the cave that leads to the hidden village (so far left actually that it is found in the swamp). That would make it 6.

And I also believe there should be one or two more in some palace(s).

(Wonder if there are anymore outside the palaces too? I will check some gamefaqs I guess)

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The last Link doll is in the Great Palace. When you get to the room with four directions (up, down, left, right) make sure there is a lava pool to the left and make a few jumps. There you will find your doll.

Another really hard one to find comes as soon as you exit the "Wall of Death Lizards" area. Make a left as soon as you can enter the forest. Hug the wall and it will be there.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
The last Link doll is in the Great Palace. When you get to the room with four directions (up, down, left, right) make sure there is a lava pool to the left and make a few jumps. There you will find your doll.
Another really hard one to find comes as soon as you exit the "Wall of Death Lizards" area. Make a left as soon as you can enter the forest. Hug the wall and it will be there.

I believe Johnny Boy mentioned the first one. Although he said he was not sure. Or is there more then one doll in Great Palace?

Could the second one you mention be the one I mentioned? The one in the swamps? Is it situated north of the cemetary that is located north of the path that leads to the Valley of Death (and hence Great Palace)? Or did I misinterpret you?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I believe Johnny Boy mentioned the first one. Although he said he was not sure. Or is there more then one doll in Great Palace?

Could the second one you mention be the one I mentioned? The one in the swamps? Is it situated north of the cemetary that is located north of the path that leads to the Valley of Death (and hence Great Palace)? Or did I misinterpret you?

Apparantly that is the one you mentioned. Also I suggest only getting those extra lives at the end of the game, since you are most likely to use them at that point and time.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Also I suggest only getting those extra lives at the end of the game, since you are most likely to use them at that point and time.

Crazy as I am I nowadays manage to get to Great Palace without any link doll at all. But I´ve played it quite some times. But it is a really good advice you gave. Save your dolls for the Valley of Death cause things can go wrong there :lol:.

And to Johnny Boy: I´ve looked at some gamefaqs but they unfortunately do not mention so much about the dolls or the locations. Guess I have to explore every square of the map myself. And also every possible room of the dungeons!

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
The world map on Gamefaqs shows the exact location of 3 of the link dolls that are in the overworld.
It doesn't show any for the caves, and palaces though.
I know for a fact that there's a link doll in the Great Palace and Three-Eyed Rock palace.
The one in 3-eyed rock palace is in the room above where you fall down and have to turn into a fairy to get to the boss room.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I actually believe the people writing gamefaqs for The Adventure of Link should be ashamed of themselves. If I made a faq about the game but couldn´t mention all the dolls with certainty, I would! Guess I´ll have to make a gamefaq myself :tired:.

Johnny Boy

Doctor JB!
Heh heh, you should write a guide for AoL.
After all, you are, like, the best master of this game.
You know more than the noobs over at Gamefaqs. :P

There's another good site.
Over at Vgmaps, they have great maps of AoL.
The dungeon maps show you where the Link Dolls are in the Great Palace and Three-Eyed Rock palace.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Thank you for the compliments :). But I am actually not that good myself yet. Because I still can´t answer my own question! But I´ve started a project to cover every square and corner of the game. And I hope to learn some more stuff about the game on my way :). If you look at the fanclub group you can see that I´ve added all quotes from the game (probably I´ve missed a quote or two but it looks good already to me at least).

Thank you for giving me information about the maps, you have my gratitude :).

Now I covered all of Hyrule, + the six first palaces, and I´ve almost covered all of Great palace, seems like there are only six Link Dolls! But I have a few room left in Great palace as I mentioned (although I don´t believe I will find anything). There seems to be four dolls in Hyrule, one in Three Eye Rock (also a part of Hyrule but...) and one in Great Palace (4+ 1+ 1= 6). I was sure there would be at least seven! D: :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom