• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many games are in your favourite franchise?

A nice simple thread, how many games are in your favourite franchise and have you played them all?

Have any installments convinced you to buy a whole new console just to continue following it?

If Zelda is your favourite franchise then go with your second favourite.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I count twenty-five (25) games in the Resident Evil franchise. I am knowingly excluding crappy Japanese mobile games made for old Nokia flip phones or whatever, and I'm not counting the Director's Cut or DS version of the original, either.

Of those twenty-five I've played, let's see, twenty-three of them. The only ones I've skipped are Gun Survivor 2 (which is a first-person remake of Code: Veronica so, honestly, it kind of doesn't even count) and Umbrella Corps because holy ****, lmao, as ****ing if.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
The Fire Emblem series has had sixteen games release so far, remakes included. Out of those, I've played (but not necessarily finished) Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (FE1), Genealogy of the Holy War (FE4), The Binding Blade (FE6), The Blazing Blade (FE7), Path of Radiance (FE9), Shadow Dragon (FE11), New Mystery of the Emblem (FE12), Awakening (FE13), Fates Birthright and Revelations (FE14), Shadows of Valentia (FE15), and Three Houses (FE16). I haven't bought any new consoles for the games though.

Zelda and Kirby mean so much to me in different ways, so really they're both my number one, but since we all know how many Zelda games there are...

Kirby has 17 mainline games but 34 games overall including remakes and enhanced re-releases.

I've played almost all of his games and the ones I haven't played are either rare as heck in the UK or didn't make it to the UK at all (particularly his earlier spin off games) but they have all been non-canon spin offs, luckily I've been able to play all of his mainline games.

I've never bought a console just for a Kirby game, but that's because I usually have the console to begin with before Kirby makes an appearance.

Kirby is very special to me though so I could see myself buying a console for one of his games.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
counting the spin offs like acid and rising, Metal Gear has around 14-ish games, though honestly out of the "important" games in this series, Portable Ops is the only one I still haven't touched, but I do intend to, I may give Ghost Babel a shot but I don't really care about trying out the acid games, also I have played the MSX games but not all the way through

The Legend of Zelda: 19 games in the timeline. Played 16 of em. Own too many to properly count atm :P

Outside of the Zelda franchise, Super Smash Bro.s: Have 'em all, played 'em all

Edit: forgot about a couple of titles due to them not showing upon the Home Page. FS amd FSA

Edit 2: TY Spirit for catching me in my morning lag.

Last edited:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has three entries, Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat. The second game is a prequel and so much of the game is familiar from SoC (same levels for the most part, etc.). Supposedly a fourth installment, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, is in development and has a very tentative release date of like 2022 or something, but given GSC's history I wouldn't bet on it. It's an extremely important series to me and no game I've ever played has beaten the atmosphere and feeling of Shadow of Chernobyl. They're extremely eastern European (dev is Ukrainian) and it shows but I think it's part of the charm of them.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Zelda is my most favorite, so my 2nd most favorite would be, uh, *checks notes*, Pikmin, which has 4 lovely games (1, 2, 3 and Hey! Pikmin), all of which I've played, beat and 100%ed. Still waiting for the day we finally get Pikmin 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom