• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

How many dungeons will Skyward Sword have?

• <4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-6

• 7-9

• 10+

• Total voters

Rytex

Resident Netizen
I bet that would be after the first part of the game. Skyward Sword looks like it's breaking tradition in many areas, but I think they'll keep the "halves" of the game for the sake of organization. I'd imagine these seven dungeons (possibly eight, because if you haven't noticed, we're missing Ordona, but whether or not it will be an actual region is debatable) would contain artifacts that could help destroy Ghirahim and his tribe, and that you'd have to obtain all of them before taking on the Final Area, but only after you have tried some other method of defeating Ghirahim and his people beforehand. It makes sense, though, what you have brought up.

king Ganondorf

Ganondorf Dragmire
Guys, because it was said that the things we're collecting are shards of the goddess statue...
Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_13.png

Those symbols... are they the shards? Are there 7 dungeons?
And you have to figure there'd be a final dungeon after those seven.
This means:
-Skyview (Faron)
-Earth (Eldin)
-(Electricity) (Lanayru)
-Ancient Cistern (Faron)
-???
-???
-???
That means at least three more in the other regions...
It makes sense.
What symbols? What shards?????

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
i believe in the 7 dungeons ( i have skyview, earth, cistern, ice, electricity, maybe something to do with the ship and water in the desert, one more in lanaryu, and then maybe one in the sky?)too. i think these are all before the final dungeon and total the amount of dungeons. idk. we'll have to wait and see for ourselves until the game comes out in november

i believe in the 7 dungeons ( i have skyview, earth, cistern, ice, electricity, maybe something to do with the ship and water in the desert, one more in lanaryu, and then maybe one in the sky?)too. i think these are all before the final dungeon and total the amount of dungeons. idk. we'll have to wait and see for ourselves until the game comes out in november

scratch that extra one in lanaryu, sorry.

Oh OK, what about the shards??[/QUOTEand with the shards... i think there was a quote somewhere that after you got the sword in the godess statue you would be looking for shards. i read it somewhere, it maybe be complete bogus, but who knows. it sounds like a zelda retrieve quest

Good find! And I'm glad that there's 7 dungeons. Too many would seem like an ordeal, and I'll bet that the 7 we have are going to be fantastic, because time and care will be put into them to make them fantastic!

Guys, because it was said that the things we're collecting are shards of the goddess statue...
Zelda_Skyward_1007_Screen_13.png

Those symbols... are they the shards? Are there 7 dungeons?
And you have to figure there'd be a final dungeon after those seven.
This means:
-Skyview (Faron)
-Earth (Eldin)
-(Electricity) (Lanayru)
-Ancient Cistern (Faron)
-???
-???
-???
That means at least three more in the other regions...
It makes sense.
7 is pretty much the dungeon count I'm betting on for this game, so I definitely think you're onto something with it. I barely remember this goddess shard thing. The only problem with it is we've seen the climax of the Skyview Temple. You fight Ghirahim and are pursuing Zelda. You're not seeking out these shards. More likely, I think, these shards will be somewhat like the Triforce Shards in The Wind Waker. They will be things you can collect gradually as you go through the game, and will be required to continue at some point before the end. I expect this especially because it's on your Dowsing Menu. Not a quest status screen. That's for searching for things, not the prizes at the end of the dungeon.

The actual reason for going to each dungeon will likely be different, and it will likely include the standard plot twist in the middle. I'm suspecting that you're searching for Zelda early on, and then doing something with the Light Spirits and/or the Master Sword after the plot twist.

I bet that would be after the first part of the game. Skyward Sword looks like it's breaking tradition in many areas, but I think they'll keep the "halves" of the game for the sake of organization. I'd imagine these seven dungeons (possibly eight, because if you haven't noticed, we're missing Ordona, but whether or not it will be an actual region is debatable) would contain artifacts that could help destroy Ghirahim and his tribe, and that you'd have to obtain all of them before taking on the Final Area, but only after you have tried some other method of defeating Ghirahim and his people beforehand. It makes sense, though, what you have brought up.
They probably will keep the halves, though it is conceivable that they could ditch them. Ordona won't be in the game, I bet you. Reason being the backstory of Twilight Princess:

The Light Spirits are said to have intervened against the Dark Interlopers, but they only said that THREE Light Spirits did so. They said the number three, and only showed three of the spheres. Ordona was clearly the least important spirit, so if one is to be excluded (and one must be), then it's Ordona.

I said 10+ cause I actually heard the game is going to be longer then any other Zelda game to date!
We have already had Seven temples in a zelda game! So yup! I totally believe ten temples!!

To those who are confused about the shards, I believe a few of the people who completed the first dungeon said that they recovered some kind of shard after defeating Ghirahim. Details are sketchy though, and most impressions don't mention a shard at all.

C

CladInShadows

Just because Link isn't looking for a shard in Skyview temple doesn't mean he won't find one. It could be this unplanned discovery that then sets him off looking for the rest. I am very doubtful of more than 7 dungeons in this game, especially with developers talking about breaking away from the standard dungeon formula and putting more to do in the world in between.

Z

Zeldapro

Hmm...It's always better in my opinion, to have as many dungeons as possible, but yet...Skyward Sword is HUGE so, there is more likely to be many more main dungeons that are required to beat the game.

Mamfi1908

The New Guy
Hello ZD folks!
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/10/skyward-sword-new-item-usage-footage/
watch the video first. or not.

As you can see when link opens his item menu, all the slots are filled. Which means these are all the Dungeon items you get:
-Gust jar
-Bow
-Bombs
-Beetle upgrade
-Bug net
-Slingshot
-Double clawshot/hookshot
-Whip

Now pretend these are all dungeon items, that would make 8 dungeons.
-The bug net is most likely an item you get outside a dungeon. so that makes 7.
-You get the slingshot outside a dungeon (confirmed) but it might be the item used for a dungeon anyway. That's 6 (or 7).
-It's not certain you get both the clawshots in the same dungeon. That makes 6, 7, or 8.

This is what I thought out. I could be completely wrong and there's another item menu that you have to scoll down to see (probably not).

So what do you guys think? 6, 7, or 8 dungeons? Or maybe you have a completely different answer? Tell me! :D

EDIT: I forgot about the molemitts x_x but they aren't shown in the item wheel... maybe they count as clothing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom