• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons?

well, considering its on the wii and discs hold more memory than cartridges, then id expect it to have alot of dungeons, AND alot of sidequests. that would be sick. however, im guessing itll have less dungeons but more sidequests, which isnt bad. anouma himself said he wanted there to be less countable content, but more to the content that was there. but even if there are less dungeons, there probably wont be 4, maybe 6

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
You know what would be so amazing? To go through all of the dungeons of The Wind Waker with all of it's items at you disposal! Or all of TP's dungeons with all of the items. Or maybe lets have 15 main ques dungeons, and 20 side quest dungeons, and 5 ultra secret hard dungeons. But wait, aren't the fields going to act like dungeons now? So if you count how many fields there are in Hyrule and Skyloft and the many actual dungeons you think there are plus both of the land's fields... that's a lot of dungeons.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Well it actually depends on a few factors... like how many heart containers there will be versus the amount of heartpieces. Then there are the special items at the end of each temple/dungeon to consider, like a pendant or a spiritual stone. They have to fit each of those into the story line so it's really up to how much story they can fit on a wii disc. I'm betting they could fit a lot on there, more than TP for sure which would give us upwards of 9-10 dungeons. That's quite a few more heart containers though. which in turn would make less heartpieces... I'm almost positive they are going to stick with the five piece heart containers so at least there's that but I'm undecided on how to feel about this whole heart situation. It's the more dungeons we have the less sidequests for heartpieces are out there. and the more sidequests we have... well then you get MM with a little over four dungeons. Not saying either way is bad but you know what would fix both sides?? If bosses dropped heart pieces instead of containers then they wouldn't have to balance out 5-10 dungeons with however many sidequests. Then there could be 14 or 15 dungeons and there would still be tons of sidequests for those most treasured heart pieces.

So with that in mind I would say, yeah about 14 or 15 dungeons would be fine. But then they probably won't make the bosses drop pieces instead of containers, so I'll go with 11 or 12. Oh and if there is another fortune teller that reveals all the spots of the heart pieces I'll be so mad I won't use her help no matter what! Sorry i got off topic a little, anyway you get the point I want a few more than OoT or TP but I don't want that amount to affect the amount of sidequests. I felt the dungeons in TP were almost too big in size if they had condensed each one just a little I'm sure they could have saved a load of game space. I dunno... I can't tell if this game is going to have less or more. It's a good question, MM was one of my favorites even though it had so few dungeons but for some reason I don't think SS will have that few. It's gotta have more than TP... or does it??

They were saying at one point that they were working on adding more bosses and dungeons I think? that left me with the idea that they had already pretty much finished up all the important dungeons and now they were throwing in more because they realized they had more they could put in (maybe the game is dual layered?). Anyway just a thought but it seemed to me that they already had a considerable amount of dungeons at the time of that comment.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
You know, I've been thinking, do we all want either 10 normal dungeons, or 5 long dungeons, or 15 small dungeons?
I'd think i'd want to go with the standard 10 or more normal dungeons. Also for everyone that's gonna write, you have to think about the field/dungeons. Can't forget about those now. Plus, we're gonna be exploring 2 different worlds! Hyrule, standard Hyrule fields which might implement field/dungeons, and Skyloft, which in my perspective will have 1 or 2 or maybe 3 main floating islands, and then multiple tiny or small islands. Thing is, how're we gonna get across? We'll see!

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I agree with FierceDeity. I want a good balanced game with tough enemies. I'm thinking we're gonna get a large game and tough enemies. I mean, we're gonna have 2 worlds to explore, fields, dungeons, and field-dungeons. And the enemies look tough, by blocking and giving 1 entire heart of damage. Looks good eh?

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I will compare it to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. OOT had 10 dungeons (I think) but not to many sidequest MM had 4 dungeons but a lot of side quest and I like both so this is what I want Skyward Sword to be. About 6 dungeons and only one heart piece in each dungeon instead of two like in Twilight Princess and I would like there to be something like the Anju side quest were you have a time limited to do something and things only happen at a certain time. I would also like lets say maybe a 3 day period or something like that. So a mix of those two would be really good... hopefully.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I am not so great at side quests, which is why I want like 10 Dungeons with some extra dungeons that can be compelted as a side quest. I am more soely focused on battle and hidden skills, along those lines, if you get my drift. However Miyamoto will want to please all of course, but I defiently want a huge lenglthy game; Worth my time and effort, yet not some much as to walk away from the game.

How Many Dungeons Do You Want to See.

How many dungeons do you want to see in skyward sword, 4 like majors mask. a ton like in the link to the past. 8 like in the legend of Zelda nes. state your answer down bellow.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
To be honest, I'd rather have a handful of really good dungeons (although having more than just a handful of them is a plus) than a lot of average ones.

And honestly, judging from how Nintendo has said that the overworld is going to be smaller but more "dense" I kinda expect that. More sidequests and less dungeons (although hopefully made up for with them being pretty darn good).

No more than however many OoT had, plus since they said that SS is going to be more dense (because they didn't like how TP was really long) it should be around 4-7 or something.

Ocarina of Time had ten dungeons if you count the Ice Cavern and Bottom of the Well, just to help you out there. ;)

Also, I don't remember hearing that they didn't like how long TP was. And really, I don't think it was that long personally. Eh, maybe I'm just missing something.

As many as humanely possible.

I've always been a fan of having a lot of dungeons, compared to only having a few. In every game I've ever played with few dungeons, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, it always feels like there's something....missing, like it doesn't have enough to it. But with games like A link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, there's so many different dungeons and so many different types of dungeons, that it makes the adventure longer, more fun, and in essence, better.

Ganondork

goo
I would like to see around 12, LENGTHY and DIFFICULT dungeons. AlttP had a lot of dungeons, but I've done all but Ganon's castle in under an hour. That disappoints me, and I want it to take me a minimum of 3 hours like in MM. As for the sidequests, I want more of those. However, I don't want a piece of heart for a lengthy sidequest, heart pieces should be scattered in the overworld, like items sometimes are. If it was like that, then people would do so many more sidequests, and they would be useful

maybe 6 or 7 MAIN dungeons? and a whole bunch of little dungeons all over the place! But I want those dungeons to be like actual dungeons, not just like a whole bunch of monsters to fight!!! like the queen fairies in tp, yeah sure, they were really cool... But all you did was fight monsters! can't we have a bunch of puzzles to? Maybe after you figured it out, you could get sword power ups? that would be sorta cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom