• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons Should a Zelda Game Have?

How Many Dungeons Should a Zelda Game Have?

• 4-6 (Like Majora's Mask)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-9 (Like Ocarina of Time)

• 10-12 (Like Twilight Princess if counting the Cave of Ordeals)

• 13+ (Like A Link to the Past)

• Total voters

Fig

The Altruist
To me, a Legend of Zelda game should have the number of dungeons that is similar to the range of Ocarina of Time. 7-9 is a perfect number of dungeons, it is not too small like Majora's Mask, but at the same time, it is not too vast like Twilight Princess. If Nintendo could continue making the range of dungeons similar to that of Ocarina of Time, then I would be extremely happy.

I like the time between the dungeons more than the dungeons themselves... So less is better I guess, as long as that means the game between the dungeons is getting longer.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
It all depends on the quality of the dungeons to me, if they are all mandatory, and really the overall quality of the game as a whole.

For example, Ocarina of Time only had 8 "official" dungeons, but it had several mini-dungeons (Bottom of the Well, Ice Cavern, Gerudo Training Ground, and Ganon's Castle). Plus, they had planned on a few more dungeons, such as a Light, Wind/Sky, and Ice Dungeon.

Personally, I think 7-9 mandatory dungeons is about right, but go to town on the mini-dungeons and optional ones! :)

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
7-9 sounds like a good number, if the dungeons are decently long. But if they have lots of extra things inside, then there will most likely be less dungeons (like in MM). If the dungeons are really easy and short, there should be 13+, along with more time actually getting across the overworld to the dungeons.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I'm going with the sucker answer in that it's whatever fits the game the best. Majora's Mask was supposed to be more about sidequests, so four dungeons were enough. Twilight Princess was planned to be a long, epic adventure, thus there were more dungeons. So, I really think it depends more on how well the dungeons can be at a certain numbe. I'd rather have 4 dungeons with amazing content over 15 dungeons with average content. Then again, it's all about what number Nintendo can pull off successfully.

I like dungeons the most in a Zelda game, so there should be more of them. I like the puzzles and finding keys and a map and the Temple from the Items. A Zelda game with 13 plus dungeons would really be a very interesting concept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom