• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Many Dungeons Should a Zelda Game Have?

How Many Dungeons Should a Zelda Game Have?

• 4-6 (Like Majora's Mask)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-9 (Like Ocarina of Time)

• 10-12 (Like Twilight Princess if counting the Cave of Ordeals)

• 13+ (Like A Link to the Past)

• Total voters

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Around the same as Tp and lots of little side caves like in TP as well. I was kind of disappointed that SS didn't have the later.

I would like a HUGE zelda game that has like 30 dungeons. But unlike Skyrim or something they would have to be apart of the story

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
I think it should be like ALttP where there is a lot of dungeons but make them harder. I think the perfect Zelda formula would be

Dungeon 1, 2 and 3 - to get things started.

D4- Midpoint- you get Master Sword/point of the game(goal)

D5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 - Collect things to get to said goal(Medals/pieces of Triforce/whatever).

D11 - Almost there, here is the point where you get the Final Dungeon's location, could be a dungeon where you refight all the other bosses

D12 - IT'S A TRAP - Im sorry but your Final Boss is in another castle.

D13 - Short dungeon- Maybe a straight walk to the Final Boss' lair, could be joint with D12

I think 9 to 11 is a perfect amount, assuming that there is a ton of exploration, side quests, cut scenes etc. if it is lacking in thatndepartment, i would like to see 12 or more.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
The Same as Ocarina of Time, just enough tolet you have a long and fun game. It not too much so that either you overwhelmed or all the dungeon didn't have time put into them.

I definitely like a lot of dungeons, mixed in with a lot of world exploration. If only Wind Waker had a few more dungeons....

10-12, because there is much adventure with 10-12 temple, to much with 13+ and to few with 7-
10-12 dungeons is the best number of dungeons if you ask me

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
More than three, but less than too much. If the game has enough inbetween content like Majora's Mask, it only needs at least four dungeons, however, too many dungeons takes away from the outside gameplay which, IMO, is boring the the overworld of Zelda is one of the more exciting parts.

I did not choose a category here because they're all acceptable as long as they flow with the rest of the game.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I picked 10-12 because it allows for a longer playtime than a shorter game like MM or SS. It took me a week to beat SS with its seven dungeons, where it took me two months to beat TP and its ten dungeons.

IMO Alttp had too many dungeons. Espcially at the end, it got really boring going from dungeon to dungeon with next to none things to do in between

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom