• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How Many Dungeons Do You Want in the New Zelda?

How many dungeons do you want in the new Zelda?

• more, like 12+ dungeons

Votes: 0 0.0%

• As few as possible 4 or 5

• Total voters

Salem

SICK
Here's a poll, vote on how many dungeons do you like to see in the game. That's excluding the Final dungeon in the game. Because in some games, it's largely non-existent or just too different to be in the same "category" as the rest. So whatever.:)

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I just want good dungeons. The amount doesn't matter that much (although more than 12 would be pushing it), because if there's a truckload of them, but none of them are good, then what's the point? I'd rather there be a moderate amount with solid design, like in Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap, and Skyward Sword, rather than there be an abundance with decent design, like in Twilight Princess. (I guess you could count Spirit Tracks as a game with a moderate amount of dungeons that have solid design, too.)

Of course, having a moderate amount doesn't automatically equal solid design -- The Wind Waker is proof of this -- but it's a more likely outcome, since there's more time to focus on each individual one.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
As few as possible, imo. I'd like to see Zelda U blur the line between game and dungeon. Rather than saying "THIS IS A DUNGEON", I'd like to see it be a bit more seamless and fluid, not being pushed from dungeon to dungeon. I mean, don't need dungeons with room after room of puzzles and enemies and then a mini-Boss to give us an item to reach the end Boss which we then use said item to defeat. Throw dat cheat sheet out the window, Ninty!

So a few dungeons would be cool, obviously, but, I'd like to see new things tried, and everything be a bit less black and white. In my opinion.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Way over 12 dungeons. I prefer having huge amounts of dungeons. I loved MM's dungeons but Nintendo just can't replicate that greatness without complaints.

6 - 9

At the very most I would settle for 10.

Not that I dislike dungeons, but games like OoT and TP become dungeon crawls during their second halves.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I think the normal 7-8 dungeons is cool. I wouldn't however mind, a large number of optional dungeons the same size as the regular ones. That I think would be an utterly brilliant addition to Zelda Wii U. Adding like 7-8 other non-required dungeons I think would be awesome! That way, people who don't want to play 50 dungeons don't have to and then those of us who want replay value or more stuff to do, could play through the non-required dungeons and get all sorts of goodies in a fun way!

EDIT: So I just thought of something while answering in another thread that imo would be a brilliant solution to this problem! Optional dungeons! They would be just a big as regular dungeons but instead filled with filler content, they wouldn't interfere with the main quest or anything. Imo, the perfect solution that would keep a lot of people happy! (I think) :lol:

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I just want good dungeons. The amount doesn't matter that much (although more than 12 would be pushing it), because if there's a truckload of them, but none of them are good, then what's the point? I'd rather there be a moderate amount with solid design, like in Majora's Mask, The Minish Cap, and Skyward Sword, rather than there be an abundance with decent design, like in Twilight Princess. (I guess you could count Spirit Tracks as a game with a moderate amount of dungeons that have solid design, too.)

Of course, having a moderate amount doesn't automatically equal solid design -- The Wind Waker is proof of this -- but it's a more likely outcome, since there's more time to focus on each individual one.
Just how "good" can a dungeon design be?

As few as possible, imo. I'd like to see Zelda U blur the line between game and dungeon. Rather than saying "THIS IS A DUNGEON", I'd like to see it be a bit more seamless and fluid, not being pushed from dungeon to dungeon. I mean, don't need dungeons with room after room of puzzles and enemies and then a mini-Boss to give us an item to reach the end Boss which we then use said item to defeat. Throw dat cheat sheet out the window, Ninty
Isn't SS sort of like this?

14 and a final dungeon.

Way over 12 dungeons. I prefer having huge amounts of dungeons. I loved MM's dungeons but Nintendo just can't replicate that greatness without complaints.

12 seems like a good number for the number of dungeons. Though it seems unlikely.

You guys agree with me, thanks.:)

6 - 9

At the very most I would settle for 10.

Not that I dislike dungeons, but games like OoT and TP become dungeon crawls during their second halves.
I prefer them to be dungeon crawls.

So I just thought of something while answering in another thread that imo would be a brilliant solution to this problem! Optional dungeons! They would be just a big as regular dungeons but instead filled with filler content, they wouldn't interfere with the main quest or anything. Imo, the perfect solution that would keep a lot of people happy! (I think) :lol:
I made a thread about it before, I suggested making the game like Super Mario 64 as an ALL dungeons are "optional".

It might start to feel like a chore if there were any more than 6 or so. There are plenty of other ways to lengthen the experience with meaningful content (see Majora's Mask).

Big Octo

=^)
I think a good 10 or even 12 dungeons would be fine by me. However, I expect them also to be in good quality, not just quantity. I'm positive that this can be pulled off, especially if it turns out to be a longer game, even without the dungeons. Along with 10-12 mandatory dungeons, a handful of optional dungeons (let's say 4-6) would be nice as well. In any case, I expect all dungeons to bring something new to the table as well, with careful attention also directed to those of the optional type.

[insert "It's Over Nine Thousaaaand!" joke here]

I voted 8, assuming that we're only talking about mandatory dungeons to complete the game. I would love to see Nintendo adding multiple optional dungeons to the game, which hopefully they're working on with the future Zelda games. So long as they're optional, add three. Add five. Add a million. I don't particularly care. Then again, I might when the next Zelda game takes four decades to make.

Over the years, I've come to realize I'm an impatient gamer. As much fun as a Zelda game can be, I don't really want to trod through obscene numbers of dungeons to reach the end of the game. I do want to defeat the great evil within the millennium, and I look forward to seeing good stories close. Eight is a solid number, maybe seven, to whet my dungeon appetite before pitting me against the final boss. Good stories don't drag on forever.

Salem

SICK
I don't know about you guys, the out-of-dungeon main quest activities can feel like chores at times, to me, the dungeons are rarely boring, that's when I feel like I'm actually progressing in the game.

Last edited:

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I say between 5 and 10. I think the quality of the dungeons are more important than the quantity. There could be a lot of dungeons that suck or a few dungeons that are amazing. I would prefer the latter to be honest, but a lot of great dungeons wouldn't be bad either.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
As many as possible ;p

No but seriously, I do like Dungeons, they are the core of the series in my opinion, and the pivotal points in game. They are just the best experiences in my opinion, that's were we get are dose of difficulty, are fair share if puzzles, combat etc. Some Dungeons are better than others of course; so a game filled with several mediocre Dungeons is not what I would like, but I think there needs to be a fair share to get that full experience of what Dungeons should bring and a variety of themes etc.

I'd say anywhere from 10-15 -- 12 being the perfect amount -- but it all depends on the quality and duration of each Dungeon, I'd love to see 8 large and quality Dungeons rather than many average and short Dungeons. So it's a tough choice, but I would like more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom