• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many core Super Mario games do you own?

There are some substantial rumours kicking around right now that "most of" Super Mario's legacy titles will be making their way to Switch.

Some may be ports, some may be remasters and some may even be full remakes.

While this would be lovely to have so many Mario games on one console, I want to know how many core Super Mario games you own currently.

This isn't including games such as Smash bros and Mario Kart, but his platforming games such as the original Super Mario Bros, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Odyssey.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Lemme think here... Well, chronologically speaking, I have NES Carts of Super Mario, Super Mario 2 (the weird one feat. 3 music tracks and Birdo), SMB 3, SNES carts of Yoshi's Island and Super Mario World, an N64 copy of... Mario 64, an original Super Mario Sunshine (SO good), plus Galaxy and Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Super Mario 3D world on the Wii U (extremely underrated), New Super Luigi U, and of course Mario Odyssey. Then for handheld I have Six Golden Coins on the gameboy, Mario 64 DS, New Super Mario Bros (Best 2D mario) on the DS, and Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS.

Upon reflection that list is actually WAY closer to just "I own all mario games" than I thought. If they wanted to HD remaster and rerelease some, it'd need to be at a GREAT price point or as a package deal (all NES and SNES titles on one cart would do it) before I'd consider purchasing.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Not too much, since I never was much of a Mario girl growing up. Backwards counting, I have Odyssey, Galaxy 2, (But not Galaxy 1 :eek: ) .... And Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2. I think that's it, actually.

EDIT: Oh, and of course the original trilogy due to NSO membership.

Last edited:

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Not too much, since I never was much of a Mario girl growing up. Backwards counting, I have Odyssey, Galaxy 2, (But not Galaxy 1 :eek: ) .... And Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2. I think that's it, actually.
Oh man, Galaxy 1 at the time of release was a miraculous title, really blasting the door off the "3D platformer" genre with level after level of truly inspired designs. And then Galaxy 2 came out and was like "hey, remember that sweet game from a couple years ago? I'm that, but better in almost every aspect"

Basically I'm saying you should play Galaxy 1 and then re-play Galaxy 2 :)

I have-

Super Mario 1, 2, 3 and Lost Levels on NSO

Super Mario 1, 2, 3 and Lost Levels remakes on Wii.

Super Mario Land 1 & 2 on Gameboy

Super Mario World 1&2 on SNES, WiiU and NSO

Super Mario 64 on N64, DS and WiiU

Super Mario Sunshine on GC

Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 on Wii

New Super Mario Bros on DS
New Super Mario Bros Wii on Wii
New Super Mario Bros 2 on 3DS
(Missing NSMBUDX because I'm poor :eek:)

Super Mario 3D Land on 3DS
Super Mario 3D World on Wii U

Super Mario Odyssey on Switch

Last edited:

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
Mario Galaxy, New super Mario Bros for ds, New super Mario bros 2 for 3ds, New super Mario bros Wii, Mario 3D land for 3ds, Super Mario 3D world for wiiu, Mario maker, and Super Mario world.
How could I forget Mario Maker! I have it for Wii U, although the content algorithm at this point is pretty much just "dont move" levels and music levels, which though cool are not what I want to play. The Switch version algorithm is much better at finding actual content to play, according to my friend, but I don't have that version...

I've owned all of them physically at some point. Having a large physical collection becomes more inconvenient the older you get, so now I just have Oddysey.

I've actually experienced the opposite, when I was younger virtually ALL of my spare storage space was videogame stuff. Now that I'm older, I have entire dedicated shelves and furniture pieces that are just games and gaming-related items! It's much easier to be organized now that I just have "a gaming room" :)

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I have the Game Boy Color/Advance versions of all the classic Mario games (1, 2, 3, World)
and of course they're all on NSO as well

I have both Super Mario Land games; I also have Super Mario Land 3 and Super Mario World 2 advance version [most people, including myself, don't count these but I include them just to say I have them]

I have the DS version of Mario 64 but not the original now that I think about it, but I can put it on my Wii anytime

And of course I have Super Mario Sunshine, both Galaxies, and Odyssey

of the NSMB series, I only have DS, Wii, and 3d World, so I don't have 2, U, or 3d Land [nor do I plan on getting them to be honest, in fact I may even sell DS]

I have my own thoughts on that rumor but as far as the question goes, I pretty much have all the important Mario games

EDIT: I've since sold NSMB DS, ha

Last edited:
The first game I ever owned was the N64 cartridge for Super Mario 64.

After that I have:

Super Mario Advance Super Mario Bros. 2 for GBA

Super Mario Advance 2 Super Mario World for GBA

Super Mario Advance 4 Super Mario Bros. 3 for GBA

Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube

Super Mario Bros. for Wii Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels for Wii Virtual Console

Super Mario 64 DS for DS

New Super Mario Bros. for DS

New Super Mario Bros. Wii for Wii

Super Mario Galaxy for Wii

Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii

Super Mario All Stars for Wii

Super Mario Land for 3DS Virtual Console

Super Mario Land 2 for 3DS Virtual Console

Super Mario 3D Land for 3DS

Super Mario 3D World for Wii U

New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS

New Super Mario Bros. U for Wii U

New Super Luigi U for Wii U

Super Mario Maker for Wii U

Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS for 3DS

Super Mario Run for mobile phone

Super Mario Bros. for Switch Online

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels for Switch Online

Super Mario Bros. 2 for Switch Online

Super Mario Bros. 3 for Switch Online

Super Mario World for Switch Online

Super Mario Maker 2 for Switch

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe for Switch

Super Mario Odyssey for Switch

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I own...

1, 2, and 3 on nes

All stars on snes

World on snes Classic

1, 2, lost levels, 3, world on NSO

Land and land 2 on 3DS

2 different copies of Land 2 on GB

64 on 64

64 DS on DS

Sunshine on GC (currently the only one I haven’t beaten)

NSMB on DS

NSMBW on wii

My favorite game of all time on Wii

Galaxy’s significantly worse brother Galaxy 2 on Wii

3D land on 3DS

NSMBU+NSLU on Wii U

3D world on Wii U

Odyssey on Switch

Super Mario maker on Wii U

Super Mario Maker 2 on switch

I used to own NSMB2 on 3DS but I lost it years ago. I would love to see a remake of Galaxy, but I wouldn’t be too excited for any of the others. Maybe sunshine if they fix those awful controls as that’s the only reason why I haven’t beaten the original.

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
The Mario series is my second favorite! I don’t have any of the newer games, but I love the ones I have.

I own:
Super Mario World- SNES *my favorite!
Super Mario 64- N64
Paper Mario- N64
Super Mario Sunshine- GC
Yoshi’s Island- SNES & GBA
Super Mario Land 2- GB
Super Mario Advance 3- GBA

Not including any Mario Kart/Party/Smash games.

Quin

Disaster Master
I have all of them except for SMB2 on the NES. I'm not sure I ever had the nes cart of that one. The rest I still have physical around here somewhere, including both allstars+world and the wii rerelease of allstars. I also never owned world 2, Yoshi's island physically, but thats more of a Yoshi game, and I have the GBA cart still.
Obviously I also don't own lost levels physically but I count that in with all stars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom