• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many and which Amiibo do you own? And will you buy Amiibo cards in the future?

I'm just going to be honest here and say I loathe the Amiibos. I hate everything about them–their look, their function (which still baffles me, admittedly), even the sheer number of them. Nintendo seems to get a bad rap for its 'kiddyness', and know I shouldn't care what people think, but truth is, I sorta do. The Amiibos look like bona fide dolls or action figures, in my opinion. They're good for that niche audience that's into that sort of thing, but they may not be everyone's cup of tea. I personally would've preferred some sort of memory card-based thing with some sort of neat design that functions like the Amiibo–or at least as an alternative to it. That aside, I might be willing to get an Amiibo if for whatever reason they released a Gonzo (TWW) or Alfonzo (ST) one. (;p)
Your wish is Nintendo's gift to you. Nintendo will release memory card versions of the Amiibo. So you can just have a card that you swipe to get the Amiibo functionality in the game. You don't have to buy a little figure for Amiibo in game functionality. This will come later this year according to Nintendo.

It's good for people like you who do not like the Amiibo figures and for people who want two different game Amiibo save files on the one Amiibo. Can't do that. But for the 2nd game Amiibo dave file you can just buy a cheaper Amiibo card for that.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
just pikachu. i'll probably pick up more in the future if they add worthwhile content to games.

Hayato

Private detective
I want them all, i like collecting, specially when it is about gaming. Right now i have 7:

- Mario
- Link
- DK
- Yoshi
- Peach
- Diddy
- Luigi

I really want a Lucina or Shulk Amiibo, but oh well i will have them all eventually haha.

Claire

The Geekette
I own Toon Link & Yoshi. I really wanted Dedede, but I'm not willing to go crazy to buy them. I wouldn't be interested in the cards at all. I would be more willing to spend money on figurines with variants, mainly because I want the koopalings.

I have Sonic, Toon Link, the squid twins, Pac-Man, Link, Charizard, Pikachu, Fox, Zero Suit Samus, and R.O.B., Duck Hunt, and Mr. Game and Watch on pre order. I need more.....

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
Oh I got to many of these Amiibos. Kirby, Samus, Toon link, Yoshi SSB, Luigi SM, Luigi SSB, Toad, Silver Mario, Peach SSB, Peach SM, Bowser, Maro SSB,Link, Zelda, Shiek, Sonic, Pac-,man. Mega man, Diddy kong, Pikachu, Charizard, Inkling Girl, Inkling boy and Wario.

Was a pain to get a few of these. I was lucky I was able to order a few of these. I really wanted the Inkling squid but no it is only in the three pack in America!! I also ordered Ganondorf, Olimar and Zero suit Samus. I will get these cards cause I'm to lazy or cheap to order some of the amiibos. I hope they have a squid card. I will destroy the wold if they do not.

Erm...lots. Mostly the common Smash Bros. ones. I have a few of the harder to find varieties though.

I'd really like to be able to find Rosalina and the squid, but I get the feeling I'm going to be ordering them overseas.

I ain't got ****. Ok, I have five. Point and laugh at my lack of money.

19498ab22f.jpg

Just the one :P I would like to get some more (especially yarn yoshi!) but I have never even seen a single amiibo in the shops, and they always seem to be out of stock or really pricey online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom