• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many and which Amiibo do you own? And will you buy Amiibo cards in the future?

How many and which Amiibo do you own? And will you buy Amiibo cards in the future?
(Amiibo on pre-order do count).

For me I have 3. Link I bought right away for Hyrule Warriors. I saw one King Dedede in store so a grabbed that and I have Toad on pre-order for the Captain Toad game.
I might get the Megaman Amiibo, and look around for the Bowser Amiibo. But past that I don't know.

What are the Amiibo cards?

They will be cards with the Amiibo NFC chip in them. Nintendo have officially announced them in the most recent investor meeting. The cards will just act like amiibo do now without the figure. I assume you'll buy one card for each Amiibo to access it's Amiibo functions in game.

Also the Amiibo cards will have a 2nd use. Do you want to use an Amiibo for multiple games that need to save data to an Amiibo? You can get the figure Amiibo for one game and an Amiibo card for the 2nd game.

If these Amiibo cards are priced right I'll certainly get a few. All of the ones for the Mario Party 10 game, if I choose to get that. Do you plan on getting any Amiibo cards?

I have six Amiibos currently. The ones I own are Toon Link, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Zelda, & Yoshi. I'm not buying more Amiibos because half of them are either hard to find or too expensive. As for the Amiibo cards, I'm not all that interested.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I currently only own two, which is Link and Mario. I do plan to own more, but in the mean time I only have them two.

Hmm, I'll probably pre-order the Amino cards or wait until they are released.

Holy crap, the amiibos are getting expensive. I went to look for Pit, Toon Link and the AC villager, and they were insanely expensive on Amazon, and unavailable everywhere else I looked. Better pick up Ness the second he comes out. I have my cute Kirby though, so worse comes to worst, I'll always have Kirby.

The cards sound interesting; hopefully they'll be cheaper and a lot more available than some of the figures.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't have any, but I'm considering maybe buying the Link and Zelda ones as display figurines. Will have to wait and see.

Holy crap, the amiibos are getting expensive. I went to look for Pit, Toon Link and the AC villager, and they were insanely expensive on Amazon, and unavailable everywhere else I looked. Better pick up Ness the second he comes out. I have my cute Kirby though, so worse comes to worst, I'll always have Kirby.

Good thing I own him already. I can't live without the little guy. <3

Reactions: Fig

Lusoric

What have I done?
All I got is Link and it's all i want/need... as of right now. Maybe if they add the functionality for other games i enjoy that i get in the future maybe i'll get others

jugglaj91

I am me....
I have Toon Link, Link, Pikachu, and Yoshi. I preordered Sonic and Shulk. I want to get Marth when he gets rereleased and i am definitely interested in those cards. I don't really want the figures for most of the amiibos but would not mind having the cards for them.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I got Link on impulse when I picked up Smash Wii U, because he unlocked the Spinner in Hyrule Warriors, a costume in Mario Kart 8 and I love him in Smash Brothers so it seemed like the best to get. I'm glad to have got him right away.

Later, around the time wave 2 came out, I ordered Samus from the EB Games website when she was up for a short bit; I'm always keeping a close eye on that page. I also managed to get Captain Falcon for my brother this way, and gave it to him as a Christmas present.

Wave 3 turned out to be the first instance of me preordering, because I wanted Rosalina really really badly and I could get my brother Sheik for his birthday.

Those are the five I have right now. I'm definitely getting at least Palutena and Ganondorf for myself when they're released, and probably Greninja for my brother. I'll see how it goes from there. I'm tempted to get Zelda and Toon Link so I have all the Zelda characters, as well as a few other characters I enjoy in Smash Brothers like Donkey Kong and Bowser.

I doubt I'll buy any card-forms but I'm interested to see how they are. Maybe if they're cheap enough, significantly easier to find or I want to use the features of a rare amiibo.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Depending on how they'll be priced, I'll probably get them all. Also depends on if they are sold individually or in packs.

キラ

Yo!
I have Link, Samus, Pikachu, Kirby, and Fox. I want to get Luigi; I can just buy him at any store. I want Captain Falcon really badly, so I'm going to buy him off of eBay soon. Captain Falcon is one of my mains, and I think his amiibo figurine looks really cool. So does Mega Man; I kind of want to buy him. I am going to pre-order Pac-Man, who is also one of my mains, and I think the Pac-Man amiibo also looks cool. And whenever the Zero Suit Samus amiibo comes out, I'm getting it right away. She is also one of my mains and will be one of my coolest looking amiibo.

I'm not really interested in Rosalina, like most people. She is really good in Smash, but I don't play as her much and I don't think her amiibo is that cool so I don't plan on getting her.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
I currently have no Amiibo as of this moment, but I'm looking for a Link and waiting on Shulk and Robin to get printed.

I think Nintendo mentioned in the last Direct that Marth was getting a reprint, so I'd like to get a Marth Amiibo, too. He's been my main Smasher since Melee, and I've been repeatably kicking myself for not picking him up when I had the chance.

ETA: As for Amiibo cards, I have no real desire to collect those. I like the figures, and I'd rather have those rather than some cards.

I'm just going to be honest here and say I loathe the Amiibos. I hate everything about them–their look, their function (which still baffles me, admittedly), even the sheer number of them. Nintendo seems to get a bad rap for its 'kiddyness', and know I shouldn't care what people think, but truth is, I sorta do. The Amiibos look like bona fide dolls or action figures, in my opinion. They're good for that niche audience that's into that sort of thing, but they may not be everyone's cup of tea. I personally would've preferred some sort of memory card-based thing with some sort of neat design that functions like the Amiibo–or at least as an alternative to it. That aside, I might be willing to get an Amiibo if for whatever reason they released a Gonzo (TWW) or Alfonzo (ST) one. (;p)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom