• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long?

Since the game came out around Thanksgiving break, I had alot of time on my hands. Even so, there were still some puzzles that I got so frustrated at, I had to take a break. I took me around 80 hours to finish the game the first time, but i didnt 100% my first one.

For me. It was disappointingly short. That's not to say I hate the game. I thought it was beyond amazing but when I killed the bosses they left with a " what that's it?" kinda feeling. But don't know maybe it's because I have been playing Zelda games since I was 6 so its like second nature to me :/

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I've finished Skyward Sword today. Just a few hours ago. My playthrough time is similar to the one I achieved in Twilight Princess, about 70 hours in the normal mode. But the game was running a few hours while I was active on Facebook or eating a snack. So I think there are 5 hours, I was not playing while the game was running.

I got 19 of 20 Hearts, 60 Gratitude Crystals and got every Item upgrade,. No Boss challenge, no Hylian Shield.

Spoiler:
The final Boss Battle was a way easier than my fight against Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, which cost me about 30 minutes. I've slashed Demise in 5 minutes. After the Ganondorf Battle, I was all sweaty. So I was a bit disappointed after the final battle. I was even more disappointed for the non existent romantic scene at the end of the game. I mean, C'mon Zelda, this guy has done a lot to save your cute bum (am I allowed to say this word?).

Well, it was a fun journey anyway. A few more references to other games would have been cool.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
24 hours isn't all too short for a first playthrough, though I would definitely say 17 hours is pretty short for an SS runthrough (including cutscenes, of course). I myself can't remember the time it took me, though I'd estimate a good 27 hours if we include time just sitting there. :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
About 48 hours with just the main quest and a few side-quests done. Granted 2 hours of that was just running around aimlessly doing things like cutting grass for the hell of it, but everything else was me enjoying the actual content of the game. 100%ing the game took around 75 hours.

I took it slow, mind you. I wasn't going to blow through a game I waited 5 years for.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
It took me around 60 hours to complete my first playthrough of Skyward Sword, including the Hylian Shield and Gratitude Crystal sidequests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom