• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I have not beaten the game yet because my Wii Motion+ broke but it happened just before the final boss so it couldn't conceivably take me more than 10 minutes I feel like I spent more than 80 hours doing stuff. I even some time playing around with a glitch that lets you fly the beetle underneath Faron Woods.

L

Legit158

It took me about 43 hours, and I was I trying to play the game as slow as possible so it wouldn't end ;_;

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My play time came down to approximately 75 hours. Took me around two months, contrary to how long many people completed Skyward Sword. I played very slowly and scarcely, though, since this was my first title that I followed the news of before, and I wanted it to be special. Additionally I broke off from all other Zelda titles so that--coupled with the motion controls--this experience would simultaneously bear fresh and innovative feel.

The activities aside from the main quest made me content to slow down quite often and concentrate on those. Had I felt the urge to 100% the game I would definitely have sought out everything. As it was I accomplished all fetchquests, Gratitude Crystal collecting, and upgrades to my gear. I only had Goddess Cubes to seek out, but I fear that would've drowned out my interest as I anticipated the confrontation with Demise. That stated, I stayed at it for circa half of the promised 50-to-100 hours.

73 hours. no guide 100%. It was the first zelda game i didn't use a guide on, and i found it incredibly easy to not miss anything so i guess i picked a good game to start not cheating on.

I'm actually rather surprised at how long it took everyone. I finished in 29 hours, with all of the Goddess Cubes and Chests and fully upgraded equipment. I didn't do any side quests however. Still be surprised if the added 50 hours of gameplay.

I

Insanity

About 68 hours. I tried not to use the walkthrough but had to on two occasions when I stayed stuck for a while.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
~35 hours on my first run, getting around 75% of the sidequests/heart pieces/gratitude crystals done. That first run was started on a Monday and finished Saturday in the same week. On Hero Mode I beat it in around 30 hours, missing just 2 heart pieces (one from that cart game IIRC).

Last edited:

XskywardX

Shadow Instruments
I'm actually rather surprised at how long it took everyone. I finished in 29 hours, with all of the Goddess Cubes and Chests and fully upgraded equipment. I didn't do any side quests however. Still be surprised if the added 50 hours of gameplay.
we like to savor the flavor persay, we like to explore and make it last, and somehow...i doubt you beat it in 29 hours....with every thing except the sidequests...

Danigo92498

Someone You Met Online
I think my first playthrough was around 37 hours. Miyamoto thought it could take up to 100 hours though.

I believe he meant as in the sense of the first playthrough + Hero Mode, considering the average player beats it in 50-60 hrs the first time and half that the next due to prior knowledge of the game the second time. I also think he meant in terms of 100%ing the game
--
It took me a good 50 hours and 24 minutes for my first playthrough.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Took me around 38 hours. I didn't do all the gratitude crystals or goddess cubes or heart pieces, but I got the Hylian Shield and upgraded all of my items fully. I didn't use a guide except for the silent realms which i watched the day before for advice on how to do them.

MW7

I believe he meant as in the sense of the first playthrough + Hero Mode, considering the average player beats it in 50-60 hrs the first time and half that the next due to prior knowledge of the game the second time. I also think he meant in terms of 100%ing the game
--
It took me a good 50 hours and 24 minutes for my first playthrough.

Yeah that's what I figured- I still think it was misleading. Although he was just trying to give players a rough estimate to be nice anyway so I shouldn't complain.

we like to savor the flavor persay, we like to explore and make it last, and somehow...i doubt you beat it in 29 hours....with every thing except the sidequests...

Well actually the game is not as long as everyone would think at first, myself included. I've found of a segmented speed run done already in 6 hours, 23 minutes and 20 seconds (http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=935.0). This person over at ZeldaSpeedRuns even has it all up on Youtube so it's definitely real, and a lengthy list of potential improvements was also provided.

...? Wow, I'm pretty sure he beat it at that speed. I've heard of plenty of players with similar times. I don't think you realize how much time those sidequests actually take up. I was at about 50 hours, and that was after getting nearly everything, so skipping out on numerous time-consuming sidequests could easily cut it down.

^ My thoughts exactly.

Yeah that's what I figured- I still think it was misleading. Although he was just trying to give players a rough estimate to be nice anyway so I shouldn't complain.
I don't think he was misleading at all. He literally gave a 50-100 hour ratio. That's a huge divide. He was not suggesting it would be 100 hours

Well actually the game is not as long as everyone would think at first, myself included. I've found of a segmented speed run done already in 6 hours, 23 minutes and 20 seconds (http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=935.0). This person over at ZeldaSpeedRuns even has it all up on Youtube so it's definitely real, and a lengthy list of potential improvements was also provided.
I actually still feel it was a very long game. Being able to cut down the time during a speed run does not mean the game is short; the point of a speed run is to cut the standard playtime. It might be telling as far as how much you can skip or rush through, but in terms of talking about the game's length, it's not really a good indication.

Either way, I don't think 37 hours really counts as a short game at all.

I like to do those things as well most of the time. IMO even at 30 hours a game is not short these days. Especially since that's mostly just the main quest. I mean there was the couple hours I must of spent grinding for treasure but for the most part I stuck to the quest. 29 hours is not an unbelievable time by any stretch. I found my self stuck from time to time and still, 29 hours was the time it took me.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
71 hours, no major focus on side quests but I did a few. I tried not to follow walkthroughs unless I really did not have a clue what to do, or I'd been wondering around forever making no progress (the latter happened quite a lot).

I may start another playthrough soon where I'll try for 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom