• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Until We Get a Female Link?

How long do you think it'll be until Female Link arises?

• 2 years, shouldn't be long

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 years

• 10 years, tops

• Never, it wouldn't workout.

• Total voters
I would not like to see a female link myself.

Wvem though he is a man a muscular man he seems very gentle and caring.

I just think making a change as huge as making link female after being male for so long would be a massive mistake.

If the wanted a female link why not start another xelda series where link is female and instead of there being ganon there could be another main enemy.

Maybe it could be like Ranma½; Link can become female when doused with water! I don't see anything like this happening, however. It would be cool to play as Princess Zelda in a game, though.

when will we get a female link? i guess about the same time they turn mario into maria xD. what would be the point? the legend of zelda doesnt need to go down that path to appeal to all genders

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The thing about Legend of Zelda is, its so big and popular now that we as fans will most likely get the major titles despite drastic changes. Its what happens afterwords that could really hurt Nintendo. Something like that will lead to heavy criticism and other results like fans leaving the series out of shear anger of seeing one of their favorite characters changed so drastically. The key to Zelda games is that they stick to a certain traditions while still changing it up so that you feel that you're playing a different game. Making Link a girl would be a huge drastic, not to mention unnecessary, change that would get either mixed reactions or mostly negative reactions. It would be worse than hearing Link actually talk with actual dialogue.

Now the thought of a girl Link has never really suited with me. Drastic changes like putting Link in a future environment and making Ganon a good guy all sound like things that could be really fun despite going against tradition. They would change the aspect of the game, yet still be Zelda. However, what would be the point of a female Link? It wouldn't really do anything for the series except give Link a new look that a lot of us don't really want to see. And like nintendo4ever pointed out, why not make all famous male characters female and famous female characters male. Really, there is no point and thus it will never happen.

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
Though the idea would intrigue me, I feel that it likely would not sit well with most players. I, quite frankly, would love to see variation in the gender of Link, whether it be an option to play as a female or it being standard in the game. Even so, many fans would not enjoy this. There are several large criticisms that would more than likely arise. Firstly, playing as a female may take away from the male (the majority of Zelda players) sense of immersion, of being Link. Secondly, the Zelda series is very "classic legend" based, as, when you cut down the storyline, it is simply a tale of an evil man against a man of good. This could potentially "ruin" the mythos. Finally, having a female Link would be too "different" from the other games in the series. I will not deny that there are Zelda fans do not want change to the point where they would not play the game if it were too drastic. We saw how the gaming world reacted when Nintendo simply attempted a different art style.
Despite all this, I would enjoy such a game. Women have always possessed unique perspectives. To see some form of that perspective in Link would certainly provide for a unique experience. It certainly is sad that such a society exists where the gender of the hero would cause such an uproar. Of course, I may be wrong, depending on several other factors.
Either way, do I think Nintendo would risk it? No. Still, we can only hope.

Majora

The Hero Slayer
I'll be blunt: never. Not to say that there shouldn't be female protagonists or anything like that, but we are talking a major franchise where it has, for like 14, 15 games been massively accepted that Link is male, Zelda is female, and Ganondorf is male, one time every single time.

I think it'd really rub a lot of fans the wrong way, not because of the fact that it's a complete gender bender, but because that is such an unbelievably weird shift for the series to take. It'd be like if every game from now on took place in Termina instead of Hyrule.

I don't think it would happen. Nintendo could just make another series very similar to Zelda where the character is female. But just don't make Link female.

T

TGzeldafreak

In my opinion, we definitely don't need a female Link, he is fine as a dude, and these days people complain if Link changes his pants. They would start a cult if he turned into a girl.
^this. I'm not objecting to it... its just.... people get overworked up over inty changes in what link looks like... I dont wanna see the mobs if they make him a girl. lol

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Now, I am not objected to the idea of a female hero. Being a girl myself, it would be nice to actually play as a girl for once, instead of always being a guy. And, Links clothing and fighting style can easily be passed onto a femine figure. Zelda could still be a princess, and maybe we have the real Link older and more of a helping character, sort of like Sheik. The Zelda franchise could change it, and even though many fans would be angered at the change, the game would still be bought. This change would probably happen in the next four to ten years.

I think it is possible, but not likely. I mean, Link has always been our male hero. And, many cultures believe the male is the hero, and the girl is the princess in distress. (Ex: Link and Zelda) It would greatly throw off the public to release a Zelda game with a girl as the hero. The way the plot is set up in each Zelda, a male hero would better fit the role.

I say it is a fifty-fifty chance to have Link become a female hero. I would say that if it were to happen, an basic estimate would be in the next five years or so. I would love to have a female hero, but I don't mind one bit if Link remains a guy.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I understand what you mean, LinkLover. It is unlikely, but eventually people will start to complain about Link being a guy and then what will happen if a female model is never created? Zelda series declines because no matter what, Link just has to be a guy. I'm not saying in the near future people will complain, but I know that reasons to whine are ever increasing, even if they don't make sense.

FindSkullkid

The Energy Never Dies.
I understand what you mean, LinkLover. It is unlikely, but eventually people will start to complain about Link being a guy and then what will happen if a female model is never created? Zelda series declines because no matter what, Link just has to be a guy. I'm not saying in the near future people will complain, but I know that reasons to whine are ever increasing, even if they don't make sense.

I made a post about this earlier in the thread. If people start complaining, my idea for a solution would be to make Princess Zelda a playable character, or at least get sidequests where you get to play as her.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

The only thing about that is I don't see people complaining that Zelda is always a girl. Why is that? Well, I don't think it's that hard to figure out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom