• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild How long should day and night cycles be?

Fig

The Altruist
I personally believe that the day/night cycle should be long enough to feel like a significant amount of time has passed in-game. I don't want the time very short (10-30 minutes for a full day/night) nor do I want it to be excessively long (2-3 hours for a full day/night). As long as the game feels reasonable enough to feel that time has indeed passed. then I'll think it the day/night cycle is fine. That said, this might be a stretch but it would be incredible for the game to use the system's internal clock as the way to tell time. I can understand people not liking the idea because that would mean in order to view the game at a specific point in time they will have to be available in real-time, however I personally enjoy cycles like that as it made you feel like you are in the game in real-time and that in a way allows the player to immerse into the virtual world even more.

If they do a significantly long day/night, I wonder if they'll make them proportional in length? You know, how day is longer than night. Also, I think seasons would be cool.

They should make a game where it's neither night nor day but instead the world is stuck in perpetual twilight.

It'd be a huge hit!

I don't know, i know the game will look beautiful in both night and day and if there are night quests like Poe hunting then it'd be nice for it to last a little longer than the day like it did in TP.

I think the cycles should be rather long though. It didn't bug me so much back in the day but whenever i play OoT now the day seems to turn to night and vice-versa so quickly, but i know its a scale thing, a faster passage of time for a smaller world to make it feel like its bigger than it is. Thus by that logic Zelda U's night/day cycles should be pretty darn long, weren't Skyrim's an hour?

Either way though we definitely need a way to change night to day when we want. It was a bit of a bugger in TP to wait until nightfall sometimes and if Zelda U's cycle is gonna be longer then its going to be even more of a chore so we need an item or something to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom