• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Does It Take for You to Get Dressed

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dressed not necessarily going to a party or special event, but in general. How long does it take you?

For me - no matter the occasion - it only takes 3 minutes. I wear whatever I can find. Usually a polo shirt and khakis, or a polo shirt in jeans. I really do not care for looking good; I don't think I look good and frankly no one does. I just try to evade being censured for indecent exposure ;)

Dan

It takes me less than a minute to get dressed because I'm not a female that take 3 hours to get dressed and still looks bad anyway, eh sorry to being up my personal dissatisfaction with the female body in general. Regardless I just wear casual Shizzle most of the time. Although sometimes it take me an hour to button my shirt if I wear one, I'm still not the best at that >_<

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, before even getting ready I need to be in the shower, do my hair, do my make-up, iron. So already we're piling on about an hour and more for getting ready.

As for actually getting dressed, the act of putting on clothing, I tend to take a long time, I admit that. I just, try a lot of different outfits on and different combinations, and my bed always ends up just being covered in un-used clothes and this happens quite a lot. If I'm not rushed at all and have the time, it'll take the chunky part of half an hour to usually be dressed and ready to walk out the door, more or less depending on situations. I'm horrible for being like that, in every walk of life. Even my profile on ZD, it took me, like, 10 iterations to make it something I actually liked. Very fussy. :P

But, the overall time depends on what I'm doing. Casual, work, fancy event. The latter usually takes the longest overall.

I don't necessarily do it to look good, of course I try to, but, I feel like if I know I've got nice clothes on and look presentable, I just have a nicer day! It's not something to worry about. Bad hair days = Bad days.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Sounds a bit stupid, but I take a while getting dressed to be quite frank.

I'm not some overly vain person, I would hate to be labeled as that. Of course it differs, if I'm just relaxing round the house, then it won't take long, but when going out for whatever purpose, I'll take longer. I'm quite picky with clothes and my hair annoys me, so it can take me more than the average boy to get ready, which I'd always get stick for.

To be honest, I wish I could be one of those people who could just get up and not spend a while getting ready and such, but meh another thing I'm quite ocd about.

Dan

Well, before even getting ready I need to be in the shower, do my hair, do my make-up, iron. So already we're piling on about an hour and more for getting ready.

As for actually getting dressed, the act of putting on clothing, I tend to take a long time, I admit that. I just, try a lot of different outfits on and different combinations, and my bed always ends up just being covered in un-used clothes and this happens quite a lot. If I'm not rushed at all and have the time, it'll take the chunky part of half an hour to usually be dressed and ready to walk out the door, more or less depending on situations. I'm horrible for being like that, in every walk of life. Even my profile on ZD, it took me, like, 10 iterations to make it something I actually liked. Very fussy. :P

But, the overall time depends on what I'm doing. Casual, work, fancy event. The latter usually takes the longest overall.

I don't necessarily do it to look good, of course I try to, but, I feel like if I know I've got nice clothes on and look presentable, I just have a nicer day! It's not something to worry about. Bad hair days = Bad days.

So essentially you waste spend 2 weeks in getting dressed every year...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

I didn't think of that. Damn. That kinda shizzle is exactly why I don't spend time getting dressed. Even though 2 weeks is nothing when compared to a year, that's stil a lot of time trying to put some clothes on that ultimately no one cares about!

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I wouldn't call it waste, since I enjoy it. It's no worse than playing games, reading books, or anything. I have fun! :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Typically, it takes between a little less than a minute and a little more than a minute to get dressed. All it takes is for me to go to my drawer/closet and pick up the first things I see, then slip them on. I don't need to spend tons of time getting dressed (I don't count showering in the morning as part of getting dressed).

However, if I need to dress nicely for special occasions, then I actually spend time to pick out nice clothes to wear, and it takes a significant amount of time longer to get dressed than when I need to wear my typical everyday outfit (T-Shirt and jeans ^^).

Dan

I wouldn't call it waste, since I enjoy it. It's no worse than playing games, reading books, or anything. I have fun! :)

Neither would I sunshine dust, hence the strikethrough. Generally when someones uses a strikethrough on words it means they are being sarcastic and silly, but don't worry you will know in the future now, all thanks to me. :')

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Neither would I sunshine dust, hence the strikethrough. Generally when someones uses a strikethrough on words it means they are being sarcastic and silly, but don't worry you will know in the future now, all thanks to me. :')

Oh, sorry, I just kinda read it and ignored the big black line through it, lol. Woops. Well, it's late and I'm tiiiiiired! :(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, sorry, I just kinda read it and ignored the big black line through it, lol. Woops. Well, it's late and I'm tiiiiiired! :(

Late huh. I'm guessing 1 or 2am? ;p Now, how much time did you spend TODAY getting ready? :O DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I spend a lot of time getting ready, and to be honest it has nothing to do with trying on a lot of different outfits. I just get changed really, really slow. And I have absolutely no idea why. I'd always try to hurry while getting changed after gym (not before, because no one cares if you're late to gym) because I had lunch right after and I wanted to get in the lunch line quick to avoid having to wait. Somehow I always ended up being the last of my friends to finish changing. Even after basketball practice when all we had to do was take off our sneakers, I'd be the last one out of the locker room. I think I just talk too much while getting changed or I get distracted somehow.

I take a really long time to get ready for school, also, because I straighten my hair every morning. I don't put on makeup except for special occasions - on a special occasion, it will take me hours to get ready. Thankfully, the only occasions I consider special are sports banquets and formal parties. Or dates ehehe.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Ok, depends on the occasion.

If I'm getting dressed in the morning, Jeans, Tee, socks and shoes. Maybe 4 minutes. It depends on how long it takes me to find socks :P Add 10 seconds should I decide to wear my Bowler Hat.

If getting pajamas on, maybe 3 minutes.

If I'm getting dressed in formal/cosplay, it can take a while, mostly because it takes me a few goes to get my Bow Tie done right.

I'd say at least five minutes give or take; however, it may depend on the time, mood, and/or situation. For example, the time it takes me to get dressed on a work day depends on the bus schedule. I often have to rush to get dressed in order to arrive at the bus stop on time (ten minutes early), so as to preclude being late for work. My mood can be an important factor as well. At times, I can be quite mellow and it takes me forever to get dressed (at least 30 minutes or so), or irritated and carefree as to how I look (;j).

Altogether, on average, it takes no longer than one hour for me to get dressed. My wardrobe is plain and bland, so choosing what to wear is never an issue for me. I also don't wear any special accessories or cologne and stuff, save for my dog tags, so there's that. Yeah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom