• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Do You Think You Will Be Gaming For?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So this is another question regarding the future but more specifically regarding you!

How long do you think you will be gaming for in the years to come? Also do you think your passion for gaming will be lost as increase in age?

Me myself I would like to think of myself still playing games when I'm older, I still consider myself a fan considering that my interest in playing games has diminished in the past couple of years but I still imagine myself having that spare time once in a while and playing some of my favorite games, maybe not in the same interest as I have now but to some extent yes.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For QUITE a while...I'm 17 and even though I tell myself I'll stop playing games when I turn 18, that probably won't happen. I see myself gaming well into my 30s/40s, mostly out of nostalgia but also to kill time when needed.

Not much longer....

In fact if WWHD wasn't coming out for the WiiU, i wouldnt be getting one. The appeal of one of my favourite games of all time having a full HD remake and re-release that i could play in bed is just something i can't pass up.

I may keep withthe handhelds if nintendo continue to make them. the 3DS is getting quite a strong library right now and is my favourite current console despite being a handheld and i still have more things to look forward to. But consoles like the HDS are going to have to really push the boat out for me to consider it and by that point given how powerful the 3DS is, the HDS may as well be another console or the controller of the WiiU2...

i also dont like the business movements atm, DLc, doing away witht he second hand and one day hard copy market and subcriptions for online is just tragic and ugly and i want no part in things like that.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
As long as video games continue to interest me. And so long as my limited finances can support the cost.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
As long as I live. Even if something happens for me to give up on gaming for the future, I will always replay the classics no matter what.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I imagine it will be akin to attempting to reach zero via division. I'll probably never stop playing games, but I seem to spend less and less time on them every year.

As long as Nintendo doesn't turn into Microsoft and Sony where DLC and High Hardware specs is the only way forward, I'll be gaming for a very long time. Of course I'll know when I think it's about time to game over, but it definitely won't be anytime soon.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
For as long as gaming continues to interest me. Obviously I may skip a generation or two but I do see myself gaming in some form or another when I am much older.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I'm nearly 29 and I still game. It's a bit different than it was when I was a teen or even my early 20's, but I still love it, and I can't see it changing all that much. I've started venturing a bit more towards boardgames, now, found myself a social gaming venue in that regard :)

I don't like the direction the consoles are taking (always online, DLC's, less backwards compatibility, etc), so I'm way more likely to seek out old favorites rather than looking for newly made games.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I'm not sure! Maybe I never will, or maybe someday I'll get too busy to play any games. I might just play them every so often, but who really knows what will happen in the future! For all I know, I could suddenly start gaming even more! :)

LOL

I'm deaf, For real
If I'm not gonna be stepping all over the companies Bull****, Resident Evil is awful now, Call of Duty has Devs that are full of greed now, EA isn't what they used to be back in the day. I'm gonna save up my lawn money to get a 3DS. Nintendo is my only option.

I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. However, I plan on becoming more productive with my time as my life progresses so I can see me playing them will diminish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom