• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Do You Think the Zelda Franchise Will Go on For?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As long as:
-Nintendo are still making games.
-There are fresh ideas to keep the series alive.
-And people are still buying them.
Nintendo will continue to make Zelda games untill one of those points are no longer true.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
As long as it makes money. Regardless it has fresh ideas or Miyamoto or Anouma are alive.

Let's not forget Nintendo is a company. They run in money.

Big Octo

=^)
It will live as long as Nintendo is in the game market, or if it even exists anymore at all. It could also come to an end if a good line of genuinely terrible Zelda games are made, which bring negative reception and poor sales. I this were ever to occur, then perhaps the series would at least be put on a hiatus. Maybe Nintendo could make a return with a better game, or give another 3rd part developer a shot at making one.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
"The flow of time is always cruel...
Its speed seems different for
each person, but no one can
change it...
A thing that doesn't change with
time is a memory of younger days..."
I believe, even if Nintendo stops producing the games, or if people stop wanting them, the magic will never truly die. The LoZ will always live on in our memory, and it will be up to us to keep the magic alive in our children. So the franchise will indeed go on forever.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Perhaps the day will come when Zelda will lose its magic. And when that day comes it will be rebooted not left to die. I can't see this in the foreseeable future as I expect Nintendo will give us something special for Wii U.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
My guess is for about 10 more years, then it will stop. Nintendo will probably be gone by then too...

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
The Zelda Series will continue until we all decide to stop buying them. Remember, this is a business. Nintendo's not going to stop making them if they're making money, which they are. They will stop when they're not making money, which means will be have stopped buying them.

So, if you want the Zelda Series to continue, BUY THE GAMES :)

bunny

birb overlord
My guess is somewhere around a good 10 years. The Zelda franchise still has many fans, enough to keep Nintendo going for some time, so I don't think we'll have to worry about Zelda coming to an end anytime soon. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom