• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Do You Think It Will Take for You to Beat SS?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I'm taking my time with this game. I can honestly say I don't know how long it will take me to beat this game. I want to complete this game 100%, and this game is so expansive that it might take me quite a while. I mean, there's a lot to think about when considering how long you're going to take to beat this game, I mean, for Pete's sake, this is SKYWARD SWORD we're talking about. Here's what I consider when thinking about how long I'll take to beat a game:

>How many side-quests/things to do are there?< Well, Skyward Sword is supposed to mirror Majora's Mask in a sense that there's a LOT of NPC interaction and a LOT of side-quests to do. I love side-quests, and, since Skyward Sword is said to have lots, I'm completing every single one.

>What plot elements will make me want to keep playing?< Say it's late at night, I'm playing Skyward Sword, and I have school the next morning, what do I do? Well, that depends on what plot elements there are. If I'm at a point where the plot is getting good, things look tough for Link, and I have this feeling something important is going to happen, I'll keep playing! But, if the storyline is moving slow, I'll probably just turn off the game and go back to it when I have time. If there are plot elements are keeping me locked in place on my couch, then I'll play a lot.

>How fun is the game?< We already know Skyward Sword and the 1:1 motion controls will be fun, but what if I get to a slow point in the game? I'll probably turn it off a play later. If the game is fun, I'll sit my butt in front of that screen for hours on end!

>How difficult is the game?< If the game has easy puzzles, easy bosses and enemies, and I'm quick to figure things out, the game will take less time to complete. But, of there are puzzles, plot elements, etc. that really make you think and double-take, then the game will be harder and in turn will take more time to complete.

Now, I ask myself these questions every time I think about how long it'll take me to beat a game. I know Skyward Sword is a big game, so it'll probably take me more than 50 hours to beat it 100%. But, as stated above, if the plot and the game itself hooks me to it, I'll probably have it beat in under 75 hours. It all depends...

... so yeah... :yes:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well, there are many factors to consider. It depends on the difficulty of the game as well as the length. I plan to avoid a guide as much as possible. And I'm also planning to take my time. It's an all new Zelda game, and I want to immerse myself in it while I play. Of course, it comes out on Sunday, and considering I have school Monday, that may not be entirely possible. But, it's what I like to do whenever I get a new zelda game.

Difficulty-wise, it sometimes takes me a long time to figure out the simplest things, while at the same time a couple minutes to figure out the most complex things. So, the time it takes me to solve puzzles usually varies a lot. I don't know much about the dungeons, and I'd like to keep it that way until I face them. I do love a challenge, so I'm up for whatever will be thrown my way. It still may take me a while though.

All in all, I hope it takes as long as possible for me to beat Skyward Sword. Why? So I can play it as much as possible, of course!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Haha sorry I guess I worded that a bit funny. What I meant was, is that feature in SS? Sorry for the confusion :lol:
The feature is in SS; on the quest log when loading a file, it'll tell you what you have to do next plotwise, gives you your items you currently have on the Gear Screen, and tells you how long you've been playing (ingame time).

I have a really short Thanksgiving break at school (I get 3 days off plus the weekend). I plan on doing a quick playthrough and finish by November 27. I'll then do a 100% (if I can find everything) run during my 4 week Christmas break. That's my plan- 8 days probably playing at least 4 hours a day. Who knows how long the 100% could take me, but I'll have plenty of time to find out.

You're Christmas Break more than makes up for your Thanksgiving Break. It's 16 and 9 days, respectively, here.

C

caes

ha ha

:) i have got 2 weeks off of school, so i'll play to my little hearts content! he he he. im hoping it will take about 100-150, know it aint likely, but a guy can dream! i've never got a zelda game for any platform, other than gba and ds, cant wait to see the,"worlds best" sword simulation!
:) i love zelda! :)

knowing my self, i wouldn't have much time to play it, so i will do what every good Zelda nerd would do and wake up in 5 am to play the game until my parents wake up.
the game will take me abut 50-60 hours to complete, i lobe my some Zelda said quest!

Skyloftian

Skyloft's Artist
I'm definitely going to take it slow this time ; we're not going to be getting another Zelda games for years after SS, as sad as that may be. I'm estimating that I will spend about 75 hours on the main quest , and then perhaps 35 hours on the side quests. And after that- a long duration of pointless messing around and exploration!

Last edited:
M

MasterSword101

For most zelda games, it usually takes me a month to complete everything and grab all the items. It takes me about 3 weeks to finish it when I'm rushing without nabbing things that i dont really need 2. But for SS, it might take longer than TP since its pretty challenging of the demo. so yah thats what i think...

I like to take my time during my first play through, exploring all the different areas thoroughly and so on...

I'd say it wouldn't take me too long to get to the final boss, but after I've finished the main storyline, I would start on all the side and fetch quests I hadn't done along the the way, and I've heard there are a lot of them. All that would probably take me around 90 hours... (I'm just going with what most other people have already said, but it's probably a good guess)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom