• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Long Do You Think It Takes an Adventure in Zelda? (in Game)

Hi everyone!

its been a while since I was around the forums, so I decided to post this question

"How long do you think it takes and adventure in Zelda?", and I mean in the game universe, days? weeks? months? years maybe?

How much time you consider it takes? of course it can be different for each game/adventure

oh, and if you are wondering about it, you may want to consider or not the seven years in OoT, or more than 3 days in MM (it wasn't 3 days for Link, right?)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For Ocarina of Time, I would say an ingame adventure is around 7 years and around three days, I do not know for sure though.

For every other game, I would guess around two to three weeks?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Hmmm good question. Honestly it depends on the game and how fast the player is playing.
But that's a boring answer. So assuming Link is going at a decent pace and taking account all of the stuff he has to go through (he might need some rest) id guestimate.....

Maybe a week and a half - 2 weeks on average. it completely depends on the game. OoT must've taken him probably 2 weeks (plus 7 years)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Next time you play a Zelda game that has "game time" Time how long it takes for one Day to Cycle by. Then after you beat the game, take your play time and divide it by said number. Then you will know!

The only games in which the actual time span of the adventure is detailed more precisely are Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. That is seven years in OoT plus the number of days spent acquiring the Spiritual Stones and rescuing the Sages. That additional amount is actually dependent on the player based on the number of times the sun rises and falls. The same goes for other installments. If you desire a more exact answer, it's hard to say so. As for MM, the quest occurs over the course of three days since Link constantly travels back in time to prevent the end of the third day and destruction of Termina.

Fig

The Altruist
To me, a Zelda should take at least 40 hours with the total amount of hours ranging from 40-90 hours of total gameplay! Well, that's how it has been for me anyway! ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For OoT/MM, I think the logical way to tell how much time is to do every single task (100%) as fast as possible, then take the ingame time. After all, everyone at the end of the game ends up happy except Link himself.

Hmm, probably about a week at the most. For SS, i'd actually say 2-3 days. The demand to finish that adventure soon was high, with the imprisoned breaking loose all the time and knowing the seal wouldn't hold for long.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I've counted the Ocarina of Time day cycle before. It takes 2 minutes in Hyrule Field for day to turn into night and vice versa. I wanted to know so that I could use that information to make educated guesses on how long it would take to travel the field in my fanfictions.

So, let's say it took you 24 hours to beat the game... (That's a random number; I honestly can't think of how long my playthroughs are right now.) According to Google, that's 1440 minutes. Since every two minutes equals one day, divide that by two to get 720 days. 365 times two is 730, so the game took place just under two years, not counting the seven year span in between.

...Something doesn't seem right here. Either my math sucks, or Nintendo really never thought about how long the in-game time was to complete it. :P

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
For the most part I think the adventures are a few days to a week, not counting skipped time, like in Ocarina of Time. In a realistic adventure Link would probably complete one or two dungeons in a day and another day or two for side quests. The only game that's significantly different would be Majora's Mask because time is a key part of that game. It all technically takes place in three days but from Link's perspective it's a minimum of six. It's possible to beat all four dungeons and the final boss in the second three day cycle. In a real scenario Link would probably only be able to complete one dungeon per cycle plus one or two more for the major side quests.

In Zelda, where real time (in game) is concerned i always think it'd take link much longer than it does in the game to do anything.

for example scaling Death mountain... scaling mountains is never easy, I'd put that at a day or so maybe even three days, i think the world in reality would be much longer than in game world and i've always been intrigued by that. For Ocarina I'd say perhaps a month to do everyhting on top of the 7 years he sleeps for.

For Twilight Princess, I'd say again a month and maybe a couple of extra days since the terrain is quite different to OoT's and looks much more easier to navigate were it in reality.

Wind Waker is the weird one because i feel as if it'd be months but the rescuing of Aryll kind of warps my idea of it, surely she can't be imprisoned for so long? So with WW the idea of its length in real time flies wildly for me i'd say anything from a week to a year. The sense of travel and new discovery is what makes me think it'd take longer..

Hey nintendo, new timeline maybe? In game time? kthanxbai

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I imagine Links quests take about 6 months to a year or so, in OOT it is that plus 7 additional years.
If it were real link would need to sleep and do many other things, he could not just do dungeon after dungeon, there would be all kinds of other things that would be impractical to have in game.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Maybe a monthish, of course it depends if the player gets all the items, or if he/she skips every sidequest and quickly beats all of the dungeons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom