• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Hourglass How Long Did It Take You to Beat Phantom Hourglass?

Hi!

I've just beaten the Wind Temple in Phantom Hourglass (playing 2-8 hours a day). I'm in the NE and supposed to get hit pretty hard by Hurricane Sandy. I could be out of power for days but I can charge my 3DS in my car. My question is how long does it take a relatively skilled player to beat the game? Are there days of entertainment in store for me or should I look into purchasing Spirit Tracks?

This is a high-priority Hurricane preparedness question. ;)

Oh gosh. It took me forever took beat Phantom Hourglass mainly due to the Temple of the Ocean King. I forgot how to navigate the dungeon each time rendering it a nightmare to return to. I believe I ultimately clocked in 40 hours on solely a main story playthrough which is longer than it takes me to tread through Ocarina of Time's narrative. Online multiplayer, however, also boosts longevity and I know I was hooked to that for quite some time. I believe I earned enough Big Plays for two Golden Ship Parts through this method.

I definitely recommend purchasing Spirit Tracks, however, because it's a significantly better game. I preferred the dungeon design, music, and action oriented multiplayer. Best of luck persevering through the hurricane next week. The east coast is going to need it.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
When my house was destroyed in an earthquake in 2008, I was trapped under 500 tonnes of rubble with only my DS and Phantom Hourglass to keep me sane. After 12 or 13 days (it was difficult to keep track of time in the cold darkness) I had finally managed to complete the tutorial at the start. This was because I was stuck in a very awkward position physically and couldn't actually use the stylus, instead relying on my tongue and nose hairs to use the touch screen.

So to answer you're question more directly, I'd say going for 100% completion could take 2-4 days depending on how much you play it. If you think you'll be stuck for more than 3 days then maybe consider getting Spirit Tracks to boost your 'Days of Entertainment' to about 5 or 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom