• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How long can you listen to a song on repeat?

I have a very high boredom threshold and when i hear a song i like i can listen to it hundreds of times and sometimes spend days just with that one song repeating on my ipod.

It'll depend on the song of course but how long can you listen to a song you love before needing to listen to something else?

It depends on the song. There are only a handful of songs I would listen on repeat for longer than three loops or so. Usually is a song that I just recently got and that I really like, so I can get used to hearing it or something. That can span from either a half an hour to taking a five hour nap with it playing. I find that I can go longer if I'm doing something else, instead of just listening to the music. If I'm drawing, I can listen to the same song over and over, no big deal. I played the hell outta BotW's Hyrule Castle theme. In the music library I had to rebuild in mid 2015, that song is one of the most played now, stat-wise. :^)

I got out of the habit of doing this for quite a while though, because looping one song would eventually cause my ipod to freeze up and I would have to do the painful reset twice; one to unfreeze the ipod, and another to get it off the apple screen. So if I wanted to hear a song repeatedly, I found myself just manually starting the song over. My iphone's media player may be utter **** but if I desire to play a song on loop, I'll do it with my phone because it doesn't freeze up. :goron:

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Once I listened to the dumbest song "Flying Spaghetti Monster" by Dr. P on loop for 3 hours straight on a road trip. I find that if I listen to a song on loop for too long, I tend to lose interest in it. That's why I constantly build my playlists because I like having a wide selection.

D

Deleted member 84722

Normally I would not go more than 3 repeats on a single song.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I think my all time record is Supertramp's Give A Little Bit - at least 15 or 20.

I played Jim Croce's Operator at least a dozen times sequentially once (or twice).

The Allman Brothers Band's Jessica got played at least 7 or 8 times in a row, Blue Sky at least half that. Oh and I rocked out to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Freebird for over an hour one time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have a very high boredom threshold and when i hear a song i like i can listen to it hundreds of times and sometimes spend days just with that one song repeating on my ipod.

It'll depend on the song of course but how long can you listen to a song you love before needing to listen to something else?

Well have listened to certain songs on repeat for a few hours before. I have been in a situation where I have listened solidly for a couple, taken a break to eat and then resumed for a couple more.

I think the longest I've had a song on repeat was about 2 hours.

Like food, I don't like to overindulge in a song because I don't want to ruin it's flavor.

That's the way I do things now. I started doing it with games too also. After coming to realise I had overindulged in certain experiences and ruined the magic for myself that I didn't want to continue doing that. I did it with Twilight Princess and I wish I hadn't.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I generally don't listen to the same song on repeat more than 3 - 5 times, and then I have to really be in the mood to hear that song. I can find myself listening to the same song several times in a single day, but I generally want to break it up with other songs rather than just hearing it on repeat.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
sometimes a song will get stuck on repeat in my head but I can go thousand of times with one song, AAR or Selena are mostly the repeated or old uns....

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Depends on how much I'm really feeling a certain song because when I'm feeling it, I could go hours. For example, the time I rediscovered Nirvana's The Man Who Sold the World cover. I know I had heard it before but it wasn't something that came up a lot. But one night, it was like the stars aligned because I hadn't listened to it in ages or even knew the name, who sang it, or what the lyrics were but a small piece of music was stuck in my head and I tried to remember so bad what song it was from. I tried to remember what kind of voice the singer had without remembering a single lyric, but for some reason, I thought I'd try Nirvana, so typed their name on YouTube and was given suggestions, and The Man Who Sold the World was one of them, and for some reason, I clicked it and it was it. Just like that, all in one try. I had never remembered it sounding so goddamn beautiful and I ended up listening to it all throughout the night and was still listening to it in the morning and it's still one of my favorite songs.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It depends on what I'm doing. If I'm too lazy to play my playlist, I'll usually listen to Gerudo valley - 10 hours version. And I can really listen to it for 10 hours. Only IF I'm busy. My usual time with one song repeat is like 2 or 3 hours.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Sometimes I can listen to the same song for a few hours at a time. Usually this happens when I have only recently got into the song. From this point I will often continue listening on repeat at regular intervals until I have ruined my own enjoyment of it.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I once just repeated 2 versions of the same song for a whole month on loop.

Nowadays, I have to change or cycle pretty constantly, though

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I usually listen to a song on repeat when I'm doing janitorial work, it takes 2 to 3 hours so about that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom